Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

How to Clean Interior -Beige Suede-

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 03:39 PM
Default How to Clean Interior -Beige Suede-

Ok, the subject can't be more specific, this is my first car with beige suede. I first had an Evo with black suede but there wasent any problem with cleaning it with a wet towel.

Now I have the Outlander and the only interior available was the beige. so know I just dont now how to maintain the suede clean and out of dirt.

any comments will be apreciate.

Thanks

Old 03-25-2008, 09:52 PM
Default RE: How to Clean Interior -Beige Suede-

If it's the same material as the Evo (mine has leather so I am not sure) it is actually microfiber, or ultrasuede, a synthetic suede. Clean it with a special cleaner you can get at target or wherever. Hasa brush built into the top. Fabric is type W i think. You don't want to use water though.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:24 PM

Cleaning will depend on the stain. If it's just daily grime, use something mild regularly. For tough stains there is a lot of cool info on the internet on the best way to attack them, just search for "removing ketchup stain" etc.

BTW, I spotted a set of almost new beige seat covers on eBay, might be worth it for you to pick up a spare set?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...spagenameZWDVW

Old 03-26-2008, 01:13 PM

hi, yes, that actually my interior, I dont know exactly was the name for it.. if its microfiber or ultrasuede or syntetich, I just want what is the best way to keep it clean... as biscuit says, right now I just need something for daily grime...

can u explain me what is mild regularly?? Imfrom Panama, so english is not my first language...

BTW, I just find out that the name for this type of fabric is Tan Cloth, so searching tips might beeasy now

regards

Old 03-26-2008, 08:58 PM

I have a 2007 XLS Silver with Black interior. Is it safe to apply Armor All to the interior plastics. Anyone has used Armor All. Please give me some feed back. Also what is the best way to clean the cloth sleats.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:20 AM

For a mild cleaner you can use dish soap and warm water on a microfiber towel.

I don't like Armor All on anything, it makes plastic too slippery, too shiny. I use a spray bottle with water and a microfiber cloth. Try window cleaner if there is a stain or heavy dirt.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:56 AM

I use the low gloss version of Armor-All and it works well for me. Keeps dust build-up to a minimumbetween cleanings better than anything else i've tried. I use it on all the plastics, the door trimand even the shift **** and steering wheel. Never had any problems on any of my cars. There are other brands that would work just as well.

If you have the leather seats make sure to condition them at least 2-4 times a year. I usually try to do it once a quarter and it has kept my vehicles seating surfaces in stellar shape. Even with 2 kids anda wifespilling their drinks, food and coloring materials all over.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:19 AM

I bought a couple different kinds of detailer sprays for the dash today.

1. Armor All "Natural Finish Detailer" -- This cleans and adds almost no shine. I'd say it works really good on our dash.

2. Eagle One "NANO PROTECTANT for Vinyl & Leather" -- This cleans and adds a small amount of shine. Not anywhere close to the shiny/slippery look of Original Armor All.

At first I thought the Armor All Natural didn't do enough, so I applied the Eagle One. It had a little too much shine for me, so I wiped it down with Armor All Natural again. That gave a perfect finish for my taste.

On one of my other cars I preferred the Eagle One Nano over the Armor All Natural. They both work well, much better than the old Original Armor All.