Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

How Do you Remove Subwoofer from 07 Outlander?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 11:08 AM
Default How Do you Remove Subwoofer from 07 Outlander?

[align=left]Does anyone know how to remove subwoofer from 07 Outlander?

Thanks.

I just need to move Subwoofer so I can get rid of useless 3rd row seat.
[/align]

Old 05-26-2007, 11:19 PM
Default RE: How Do you Remove Subwoofer from 07 Outlander?

Sbessel removed his subwoofer when he installed his backup camera - try sending him a PM.

Why do you need to move the subwoofer to remove the third row seat?

Old 05-27-2007, 11:09 AM

The subwoofer is a pain in the butt to remove... mainly because it is large, very sharp and wedged tightly in it's mounting.

I suggest a good set of gloves as the edges of this unit is VERY sharp.

To remove:
[ul][*]Pop off the top access cover (the one with the logo) on the subwoofer, this is tough as this is very tight and form fitting. There are 2 bolts under this cover.[*]Remove these bolts and remove the exposed bottom bolts.[*]tilt it forward to gain access to the connector and remove the connector on the top/back[*]now remove the subwoofer.[*]It is clipped on the body panel on the right side so you have to free it, it is also tightly stuck in, and a very large unit. This will be a struggle.[/ul]

It was hard to reinstall as getting the bottom holes to line up was difficult, but it did go back with some effort.

See the pictures for more ideas.

Old 05-27-2007, 04:21 PM

[align=left]A big BIG thank you to Sbessel.

I am trying to get rid of the 3rd row seats for wieght and room reasons. I have removed everything but the subwoofer, I even got the bolt out from under the sub and cut the threaded locating bolt that was doing nothing. I thought that I could just till and lift, but that didn't work. The sub must be moved. I tried poping the access panel but like you said it's very tight and I didn't want to break it.

Thanks again Sbessel, great pics, I will try today to get the sub out.
[/align]

Old 07-12-2007, 12:32 PM

Has anyone upgraded to a better sub yet? This one is good but there must be something better out there?

Old 07-12-2007, 04:00 PM

Well that sub was made for that enclosure. If you upgrade subs more than likely it wont have the right air space. Also going to a bigger sub I would think you would need bigger wiring and a bigger amp. So besides adding an amp and a bigger sub and box I wouldnt swap it.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:55 PM

If you really want to upgrade, when you have the sub out, fill the enclosure with packing peanuts. Then measure the packing peanuts to get a volume to pick a replacement. I'm with Antlip... it looks pretty small for a 10"- especially with that big hole in the back? What's up with that? It's not ported, is it? It may just be to stiffen it so the plastic box doesn't resonate.
Also, it may be self-powered - if it's really heavy and has more than 2 wires leading to it (the pics look like there might be).