Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

How to reset the Bluetooth password ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 11:37 AM
Default RE: How to reset the Bluetooth password ?

Glad I was able to help. That is what this forum is all about. I will have a shot of good Russian vodka tonight to celebrate.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:36 PM
Default Help Setting up bluetooth in my 2007 Outlander XLS

I bought a used 2007 Outlander XLS. I have been having the hardest time setting up the bluetooth. When I turned it on, the first thing it ask me is to say the "password"!! I can never get beyond that. I tried every command but failed. I never set up any password on it, so I am assuming the previous owner had set one up. O dont know how to reset the bluetooth system, I read the manual but nothing in there. I've had this car for almost 2 years now and still can not use the voice activate bluetooth. Somebody please help me

Old 10-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Default Turning on the system?

Originally Posted by azjake
Sergy, this is what Mitsubishi bluetooth told me to do to reset the setup password.

Turn on the system and without touching any other buttons press and hold the hangup button for 2 seconds, release it, press and hold the hangup button for 2 seconds, release it, then press and hold the hangup button for 2 seconds and release it.All this must be done within 10 seconds. In other words you must press and hold the hangup button for 2 seconds three separate times within 10 seconds. If it doesn't work, turn off the system, turn it back on and try again.. The person I spoke to said it may take several attempts to get it to work. Good Luck...
What is ment by turning on the system. If you hit the hands free button and the car starts to say, "HANDS FREE SYSTEM IS LOCKED PLEASE ENTER THE PASSCODE" is that when you start holding the hangup button? and if it works do you get a beep or something? I'm stressing big time on this one can't seem to get it working.

Last edited by mojo0107; 10-15-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by azjake
Sergy, this is what Mitsubishi bluetooth told me to do to reset the setup password.

Turn on the system and without touching any other buttons press and hold the hangup button for 2 seconds, release it, press and hold the hangup button for 2 seconds, release it, then press and hold the hangup button for 2 seconds and release it.All this must be done within 10 seconds. In other words you must press and hold the hangup button for 2 seconds three separate times within 10 seconds. If it doesn't work, turn off the system, turn it back on and try again.. The person I spoke to said it may take several attempts to get it to work. Good Luck...
Thanks a lot. I did have the same problem with a Peugeot 4007. I've bought this second hand car last week and the former owner locked the blue tooth system with a password.
It did work the first attempt :-)
Greetings from the Netherlands, Herman.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:53 AM

when do you start the sequence? right away or wait for the beep? not working in my '08 Lancer...

Old 04-08-2012, 04:58 AM
Default Blue Tooth Password Reset

Sergey

Old 05-04-2012, 12:27 AM

Is this still a working operation? And when you mean turn on the system, do you mean turn on the entire car? or just to ACC mode? And does it give you soe type of display or "beep" or "ding" letting you know you got it to work?

Old 05-05-2012, 05:25 PM

I did it in the ACC mode..

Old 05-06-2012, 07:47 PM

Does it give you a chime or beep or ding letting you know it has been reset?

Old 05-07-2012, 03:52 PM

No chime or beep. It starts with the setup menu.

Quick Reply: How to reset the Bluetooth password ?