Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

How to unlock MMCS

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009 | 07:25 AM

I cannot find the linux boot disk software to unlock MMC disk. The original link in the first pages of this thread points to a xbox page where I cannot clearlyy identify the right software to download...
Can someone help?

Old 07-16-2009 | 06:01 PM

doc,
I think you go to:
http://www.xbox-scene.com/software/s...FAkkAyphdSfGCP
and near the bottom it says
"Current Status:: v1.9 // Download // By Ldots "

Just click the download

Old 08-01-2009 | 06:18 AM

Hi,
I just upgrade the navi maps for my friend using the points described in the beginning of this tread and I want to thanks to rcostin, otaku, brian360 and the others guys who make possible this with their contribution.
Works like a charm with original mitsu hdd.
But I have a question: does somebody replace the original hdd with a clone hdd in the MMCS and works?
I try that with a clone made with hdclone 3.6 but it not work. MMCS give the message "invalid disk...replace disk ....etc". The clone hdd was with 10GB bigger that original but I cloning it "hdd to hdd"....Is there a problem?...
P.S. Sorry for my bad english!

Old 08-02-2009 | 10:33 AM

64xgeo, what do you mean by upgrading the maps? have you installed maps that Mitsubishi doesn't sell??

Thanks
Dernayka

Old 08-02-2009 | 05:26 PM

64 is probably is talking about maps for Europe. They are floating around the net and can be downloaded.

Old 08-03-2009 | 06:56 AM

@dernayka: Exactly, I talk about maps for Europe. In the factory installed maps version do is not some countries....

Old 08-03-2009 | 11:45 AM

thanks 64 and rip. i got my MMCS from Germany with European map, but I drive in Dubai and couldn't find these maps anywhere else, even at Mitsubishi dealers.. I called Navtech, they sent me back to Mitsubishi... looks like it is a closed loop.....

Old 08-05-2009 | 11:37 AM

Here is a puzzle to solve:
Got the MMCS with missing cables ( DVD audio and the Gyro/ Speed cable)
However, had to install these cables so I had to have the whole left side open to run the audio cable from the amplifier to the unit..
For the second cable, the whole cover under the steering wheel had to be open to figure out the ETCS connector. Connector found, cable installed, all is smooth. But I lost the ASCS option in my car; I couldn't enable / disable it and it was always showing ASCS OFF on my dash screen
Went in the unit hidden menu, selected 'Sensors Test' , the unit asked me to drive more than 10 meters while steering left and right... Finally, all is ok, Speed Sensor: OK, Gyro Sensor: OK.

Now the car is back to normal and all required unit cables installed, I still can't have 'Audio & EQ compensation ON' working. Anyone any idea ? :s

Old 08-10-2009 | 01:07 PM

There is some really good information in this thread... I got myself an EVO X this weekend that has this system, baffles me why this very informative thread is in the "outlander" forum when it should be in a different one considering this system is in quite a few vehicles.

I was able to unlock the HD this weekend but that's about it. I was really hoping to try and add music to it directly but I can see the files are proprietary as well as the music database. This would save DAYS of work considering all of my music is already stored on my massive NAS at home and categorized. Then I woudln't have to bother with the useless iPod interface (A/V inputs, wtf?).

Someone needs to write a program that can interface to the drive to write music directly to it. This would be so sweet! Are there any debug tools to run the CE interface on the PC to emulate? Then we could at least emulate a CD in the drive and add music... I could see a reason to upgrade the drive to a larger one in this instance (has anyone been successful with this? Or is the OS looking for particular partition sizes?)

A firmware hack would also be nice to eliminate it re-password protecting the drive to avoid this every time the drive is replaced. And why in the world did they choose IDE over SATA?

Old 08-10-2009 | 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by narkotic
There is some really good information in this thread... I got myself an EVO X this weekend that has this system, baffles me why this very informative thread is in the "outlander" forum when it should be in a different one considering this system is in quite a few vehicles.
Cause it happened here first..

I was able to unlock the HD this weekend but that's about it. I was really hoping to try and add music to it directly but I can see the files are proprietary as well as the music database. This would save DAYS of work considering all of my music is already stored on my massive NAS at home and categorized. Then I woudln't have to bother with the useless iPod interface (A/V inputs, wtf?).
Yupyup, although the DSP contains WMA,MP3 and ATRAC algos..
Someone needs to write a program that can interface to the drive to write music directly to it. This would be so sweet! Are there any debug tools to run the CE interface on the PC to emulate? Then we could at least emulate a CD in the drive and add music... I could see a reason to upgrade the drive to a larger one in this instance (has anyone been successful with this? Or is the OS looking for particular partition sizes?)
Specific model numbers - easily bypassed.
A firmware hack would also be nice to eliminate it re-password protecting the drive to avoid this every time the drive is replaced.
Done..
And why in the world did they choose IDE over SATA?
Because most large manufacturers tend to be about 3 years behind bleeding edge..

hth.
O.

Quick Reply: How to unlock MMCS