Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

How to unlock MMCS

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013 | 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by iJustinz
I tried clicking the link you have sent me, it was all in Russian so I tried google translating page and it made no sense to me. Any idea what I can do to make my system English or going through the steps with me through Skype would really help. Plus FYI I have a Galant Fortis Japanese Model (LANCER American). Hope this doesn't change anything cheers.
I tried to translate the page also with the same results. I am needing to change my Japanese version to english as well please. Can anyone help?

Old 06-28-2013 | 10:22 AM

Sorry mates I still have no free time but I will try to translate it this weekend.
I have 5 mins now.

I think now: what if You just replace HDD?
See the message on page 38 (03-05-2013, 04:03 PM) #379
Try to write to the seller?!

Old 06-29-2013 | 06:25 AM

So.
I tried to translate the <manual>

I will share the experience about the Japanese version.

J-01 does not work with the Euro / Russian / American amplifier Rockford and bluetooth not support by the CAN module.
J-03 works with Rockford but does not work with our bluetooth.
All japanese versions completely reborn into English version with full preservation of their functionality with CAN module supporting and custom items (J-01 CAN will not support)
Persist even Japanese TV, but you can turn it on only by <mode> button on the steering wheel.

Turn off the head unit, take off the HDD and replace the Japanese files by the American files from HDD.

Important: head unit (MMCS) must be completely powered down.

Plug the HDD, turn on the head unit, of course seeing nonnative software head unit will ask You to insert the native CD with the boot files to the drive (but it will ask You already in English)

The disc must carry with you, as with the full plugging off the power, replacing the accumulator, MMCS can ask it again. It does not matter bacause many regular units do it *** well.

Original U.S. version N-04 (the one that goes on the HDD) with maps of Russia System_E_I_J_F_G_H_25.02.2013.part1.rar
Boot to J-01 .. J-04 (on disc) диÑк.rar Ñкачать Ñ Ð¤Ð°Ð¹Ð»Ñ‹@Mail.Ru

Navigation will have proper American and European maps. In Europe, the country will be looking like <states>.

Russian letters does not support.

Binar file of unlocking of japanese versions http://files.mail.ru/1063488DB01946798963E9E5EF89EFB6

Last edited by LexK; 06-29-2013 at 06:38 AM.
Old 06-29-2013 | 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by LexK
So.
I tried to translate the <manual>

I will share the experience about the Japanese version.

J-01 does not work with the Euro / Russian / American amplifier Rockford and bluetooth not support by the CAN module.
J-03 works with Rockford but does not work with our bluetooth.
All japanese versions completely reborn into English version with full preservation of their functionality with CAN module supporting and custom items (J-01 CAN will not support)
Persist even Japanese TV, but you can turn it on only by <mode> button on the steering wheel.

Turn off the head unit, take off the HDD and replace the Japanese files by the American files from HDD.

Important: head unit (MMCS) must be completely powered down.

Plug the HDD, turn on the head unit, of course seeing nonnative software head unit will ask You to insert the native CD with the boot files to the drive (but it will ask You already in English)

The disc must carry with you, as with the full plugging off the power, replacing the accumulator, MMCS can ask it again. It does not matter bacause many regular units do it *** well.

Original U.S. version N-04 (the one that goes on the HDD) with maps of Russia System_E_I_J_F_G_H_25.02.2013.part1.rar
Boot to J-01 .. J-04 (on disc) диÑк.rar Ñкачать Ñ Ð¤Ð°Ð¹Ð»Ñ‹@Mail.Ru

Navigation will have proper American and European maps. In Europe, the country will be looking like <states>.

Russian letters does not support.
I still don't understand what your saying. How do I take off the HDD for example? I have never modified or removed my MMCS HDD in anyway and have no clue how, all I want to do is change my Japanese MMCS to English with maps from New Zealand. Or Just change to English. Can you just list the steps in order on what exactly I have to do?

This would be very helpful, thanks for taking time to lend a hand.
Cheers

Old 06-29-2013 | 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by iJustinz
I still don't understand what your saying. How do I take off the HDD for example? I have never modified or removed my MMCS HDD in anyway and have no clue how, all I want to do is change my Japanese MMCS to English with maps from New Zealand. Or Just change to English. Can you just list the steps in order on what exactly I have to do?

This would be very helpful, thanks for taking time to lend a hand.
Cheers
I think You just need to use a google a litle
Well let's go step by step.

first is: how to remove the HDD. Even in pictures --> …and I hack it [Mitsubishi MMCS HDD removal guide] | Life of a post Soviet hacker

next You will need is: how to unlock the HDD --> https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mi...ck-mmcs-25583/

Last edited by LexK; 06-29-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Old 06-29-2013 | 07:28 AM

Actually. If I had the same problem I would tried to replace the HHD with the local version software.
I even dont know which map includes NZ and Australian maps.
I dream to visit Your green continent someday. =)

Last edited by LexK; 06-29-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old 06-30-2013 | 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by LexK
Actually. If I had the same problem I would tried to replace the HHD with the local version software.
I even dont know which map includes NZ and Australian maps.
I dream to visit Your green continent someday. =)
I rang my local dealer when I bought my outlander and all he could say was " sorry dont think we can help you with that" so we are on our own down here.
I dont really care about the maps if no one has them but it would be nice to be able to read all the settings etc on my head unit. The other option is to buy new unit from e-bay with world maps. That gets expensive $500 US- About $600 NZ + shipping
If I read correctly if I have the image files I can just write them to another HDD and insert it. Is this correct?

Old 07-01-2013 | 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by NZOuty
I rang my local dealer when I bought my outlander and all he could say was " sorry dont think we can help you with that" so we are on our own down here.
I dont really care about the maps if no one has them but it would be nice to be able to read all the settings etc on my head unit. The other option is to buy new unit from e-bay with world maps. That gets expensive $500 US- About $600 NZ + shipping
If I read correctly if I have the image files I can just write them to another HDD and insert it. Is this correct?
Not at all unfortunately. You will not be able just to copy.
1st is that files are coded and 1st You have to unlock the HDD using some program. And I don't know how about using any other disc. I think it must have some special parameters.

Go to the first page of the subject we are discussing now and try to read it hard about decoding and etc.

Did you write to that man who sell the discs I posted? May be it will be fine just to replace the HDD.
And what maps usually include Australia and NZ maps?
Bacause I know about compilations: MMCS JM - Japan, UM - USA, EM - Europe, RM or EMR - Russia.

Old 07-01-2013 | 03:17 AM

Guys,
Drop an E-mail to the spanish guy I wrote about some time ago. I had a new HDD with all software (maps etc), just replaced it in my Outlander and all worked 100%. Cost was just around 70 euros

Old 07-01-2013 | 09:34 PM

Yeah I have tried to make contact a couple of times now but have had no reply from him.

Quick Reply: How to unlock MMCS