Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

How to unlock MMCS

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2014 | 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Benckj
That news is very enouraging. Thanks for keeping us posted on results. This has been the first positive news on GPS conversion I've read.

My son has taken the Pajero for a drive this weekend so will try English upload next week.
Sweet, let us know how it goes. Because even if we get the maps on there it won't be easy to use while in Japanese mode. Hopefully it all goes well.

Old 02-02-2014 | 04:01 AM

So if I am correct I can format a blank HDD with all the info and install into my J01 head unit. Is that correct.
If so could somebody link me up with all the files including a maps file.
Thanks

Old 02-02-2014 | 02:05 PM

First of all I want to thank everybody for this great work. If I understood everything we can now access to the hard disk and update the maps. But can we also add POIs? For me in France it would be very interesting to add the radar POIs ....
Thanks

Old 02-02-2014 | 03:48 PM

From what I've read I don't think you want to re-format and copy all files onto HDD. This may risk losing its functionality. Best to copy only the files you want to replace into the correct partition (folder) such as;

ALLDATE.KWI
LOADING.KWI
and local GPS maps.

Old 02-03-2014 | 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by patax
For me in France it would be very interesting to add the radar POIs ....
Thanks
Take care, don't get caught you know to have POI's of cameras in France is illegal...

Old 02-03-2014 | 08:29 AM

Where can I buy maps for South America?
I live in Brazil!
Anyone have maps for sale?
Thanks.

Old 02-03-2014 | 01:03 PM

I know it's not officielly allowed. But nobody has tried yet to add POI of dangerous zones or others ? Thanks

Old 02-03-2014 | 01:49 PM

I've just read through the 1st 20+ pages of this thread to try and work out my plan to update MMCS to;

> Display in English
> Upload GPS to Australian/NZ maps

Not wanting to do anything extravagent at this stage but very concerned I will get part way though the conversion and not have correct software, connection hardware or key and then MMCS system will be in-operable.

Need to make a step by step guide for my JS-01 system for review. At this point I'm so confused with all the updates not sure what I'm doing.

Old 02-03-2014 | 03:44 PM

'Benckj'

Currently there is no official way to Change your j-01 to english nor change it to NZ maps.

I am from NZ too and Ive tried several methods with no such luck.

Ive sent over a spare j-01 unit to vadimus who I'm sure will be able to figure out how to do all this.

Im also hoping to change the frequency range so I'm able to pick up 'The Rock'

If you are going to attempt it, I would make a back up of your drive with Acronis.

The unlock codes are in this link here:NavHack!

Old 02-03-2014 | 08:06 PM
HJB

Hey sresky, Have you tried the drive unlock and the new KWI files for English on the j-01?
I think I've seen pics from vadimus in one of the threads with the J-01 converted, unless I'm confused with the amount of info on here

Last edited by HJB; 02-03-2014 at 08:09 PM.

Quick Reply: How to unlock MMCS