Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

How to unlock MMCS

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 10:19 AM
Default RE: How to unlock MMCS

For those of you who have to take out your HDD in the future, I had a tough time finding an adapter for an automotive grade 2.5" HDD to a standard 3.5" IDE connector, so here is what I successfully used:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16812203012

Hopefully that will save you some time. Careful though, it's flimsy and will break if you are too hard on it (which cost me time and $).

Old 07-16-2008, 02:34 AM

FOR OTAKU AND OTHERS:

I live in GREECE nad the Navigation maps dated from 2006 DON'T EVEN HAVE THE GREEK ISLANDS.....and they are not detailed as other pda based applications

NOW MY QUESTION
NAVTEQ MAKES MITSU NAVI MAPS & THERE IS A HACK TO CHANGE THE HD OF OUTLANDER NAVI SYSTEM:
CAN WE UPDATE ONLY THE INTERNAL NAVIGATION MAPS WITH MAPS FROM NAVTEQ FROM OTHER APPLICATIONS ??????????
NAVTEQ PROVIDES MAPS TO DESTINATOR & OTHERS. MOST OF THEM ARE VERY DETAILED ESPECIALLY FOR GREECE ALTHOUGH THEY DON'T INCLUDE MANY OTHER COUNTRIES (that's not a problem...) THEY SHOULD BE IN THE SAME FORMAT

Old 07-16-2008, 02:45 AM

@ DoctorC

What you're wishing is everybody's dream man ))) Hopefully someday it will happen, you better stick to your PDA for the time being.

Old 07-16-2008, 06:02 PM

Please just an A-Z on upgrading to a bigger HDD ....thanks guys! You rock

cheers

steve
Agreed. I'm at the verge of buying the CD from eBay to enable in-motion DVD (although I know all those guys are just downloading a hacked patch, burning to CD, and making money from someone else's work).

I've got close to 500 CDs... I don't want to rip ALL of them but would love more than the 1700 songs the factory allows me to take along with me.

I'd love to see how to's (detailed photos would be nice also) of how to:

[ul][*]Replace HDD with a larger drive[*]Transfer.mp3s directly from PC instead of just re-ripping CDs[*]Enable in-motion DVD[*]Change background, theme, start-up screens, etc.[/ul]
Anyone? Heh... anyone in Cleveland, OH want to make some money taking care of the above on a 2009 Lancer GTS?

Old 08-26-2008, 09:22 AM

Has anybody put a bigger drive in their MMCS yet?

Old 09-08-2008, 08:06 PM

I have a 120gb in mine Ill be posting a thread by the end of the week with full directions on how to do it. NOTE THE DIRECTIONS ARE UNIX / LINUX BASED. You need a real computer to do it ;p

Old 09-08-2008, 08:13 PM

ORIGINAL: azchipka
NOTE THE DIRECTIONS ARE UNIX / LINUX BASED. You need a real computer to do it ;p
I like it! The irony being that the MMCS runs Windows CE.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:25 PM

ORIGINAL: azchipka

I have a 120gb in mine Ill be posting a thread by the end of the week with full directions on how to do it. NOTE THE DIRECTIONS ARE UNIX / LINUX BASED. You need a real computer to do it ;p
Hopefully it can be done in VirtualBox

Old 09-09-2008, 12:02 AM

I don't see any reason a emulator for Unix wouldn't work as long as you have access to all the standard drive tools that unix has.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:00 PM

azchipka, enormous advances that you have obtained with the MMCS, and I hope you can share this with all we to improve the characteristics of these units, good work [sm=smiley20.gif]

Quick Reply: How to unlock MMCS