Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

How to unlock MMCS

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008 | 02:13 PM
Default RE: How to unlock MMCS

As soon as I have some extra time Ill write up a full instruction thing on how to do the drive upgrade and MP3 transfers. Doing some other adjustments at the moment once I get them done ill do a combined posting that includes them all.

More then anything i have to pull the drive again to check what I used for formatting on the MP3s moved to the drive since they are not standard format,

Old 09-11-2008 | 02:55 PM

azchipka, now to wait by your posting about these modifications. A question: it will be possible to shown in the screen of the MMCS only the information of the song that is playing? Thank´s

Old 09-11-2008 | 06:19 PM

ORIGINAL: jsrd

azchipka, now to wait by your posting about these modifications. A question: it will be possible to shown in the screen of the MMCS only the information of the song that is playing? Thank´s
I hadnt even thought to look into this at all, Its kinda in a different direction of what I have been trying to do as I am attempting to get a visualizer to play when the system is in audio mode and not being used for more then a few seconds aka a screen saver. Granted for some people Im sure this will be annoying as its kinda a distraction in the corner of your eye while you are driving. But well in the end Im doing this for my own use and I want a screen saver.

Ill take a look at the single information display but are we talking about when a CD is playing, the music server, sirius radio, or all of the above?

Old 09-12-2008 | 03:02 AM

Hi everybody,
I'm looking Mitshubishi Navi system for first time and want to ask something (maybe stupid).
What is the operation system of MMCS?
Can I start my program writing for WinCE or standart Windows?
I see in the first page some linux commands, but maybe they are only for unlocking HDD.

Old 09-12-2008 | 10:44 AM

MMCS is running Windows CE. Otaku has posted some info of his findings that you can take a look at. http://www.takingthingsapart.org/ind...d=61&Itemid=82

Old 09-18-2008 | 01:41 AM

OK, thanks. I see MMCS running WinCE 4.2. It's good.
Can use Windows Explorer on MMCS?
I want to start other program for navigation.
If that works and start connection with GPS will be great.
What's the parameter of GPS connection (COM port number, speed)?

Old 09-23-2008 | 11:39 AM

Okay so i get to step 5 (Start the computer, boot from CD, and pick option 3: "Boot linux with locking/unlocking utilities")

but in step 6 it shows "Wait for root@Xbox-HDM:/1 prompt" and i dont get that. i get A:\. (If i chose option 2 thn i get the root@Xbox-HDM:/1 promt. )

When i enter "unlockhd -p B2BAB3BCB0DFACBEB1BBBEDFB1ADD2CDC9CEAAB2DFB19E8996 DFAA8C9A8DDFDF" at the A:\ prompt I get an error that says unable to locate password file or somthing like that.

If i run syspwd command it show me the HD is connected and recognised but locked.

Also i cannot figure out how to runfdisk -Iit does not recognise this command.

PLEAES HELP!!!

Old 09-23-2008 | 12:26 PM

If you get to an "A:\" prompt, you're in DOS, not linux. The "root@Xbox-HDM:/1" prompt is linux. In order to unlock the drive and use the "unlockhd" command, you must be in Linux.

Old 09-23-2008 | 01:13 PM

Ifollowed the instructions exactly. Howwould I end up in DOS? I created the boot disk from the ISO in the link and selected option 3. I have no other hard drive connected. Like i said if i choose option 2 i get the root@Xbox-HDM:/1 promt but the unlockhd command does not work with option 2. Im confused.

Old 09-23-2008 | 01:27 PM

Okay option 3 says boot to DOS with unlocking options. So the directions are wrong? Which option do i need to choose if I shouldnt be using DOS?

Quick Reply: How to unlock MMCS