Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

I just picked up my 2010 2wd Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 01:42 AM
Default I just picked up my 2010 2wd Outlander

Hi everyone and thanks for the info I have read on your forum ,before I picked the outlander as my new ride.

A little review of my first 2 days and 350km with my Base model CVT auto 2.4L.
I think this is the first 2wd outlander here in OZ ,not 100% sure but anyways.
We have just got the 2wd in the 2010 outlander in at the dealers and didn't really need a 4WD ,besides my year trips to the snow or $300 for snow chains over and extra $3500 for the 4wd ..which 99% of the time neither is needed.
{Side note ,I read some where that mistubishi didn't recommend snow chains ,but in my manual it says you can and how to fit and drive with them}
I have a large dog and no new wagons have desent room in the rear in the sub $30,000 OZ price...till I heard about the 2WD outlander and the room in the rear is HUGE...2nd row seat up or folded up.
I do 150km per day around trip to work and thought this car in the reviews was OK for the size and was happy to pay the extra in fuel to get the wagon size I wanted.
Well its AMAZING on fuel for the 50% highway 50% outer suburb drive to work.
I'm still running it in and not floging it ,but I drive at the 110 kph speed limits anyways with cops everywhere on my commute and it sits between 7L-100km and 9L-100km.
I see mostly about 8L-100kms and i'm stunned by how little fuel it uses for the size of the thing.
Its no speed demond in auto ,but shift to manual and it goes good ,its ready to over take and do what its told when your at speed.
Takes of well at the traffic light grandpix .
Looks great in white with dark tint and looks alot more expensive then it is.
Very comfortable and easy to drive for the size {been in a small 4 door for the last few years} ...great view out the rear blind spot threw the windows ,no big pillar in the way.
Quality is good and alot of bang for you buck ,I'm still getting suprised with the gizmos and extras that I didn't know about ,when looking at the base model.
Push button flooding seat ,change the direction of the head lights ,if its loaded in the rear ,I pod stuff ...just little things but like I said ,its alot of bang for your buck.
Not the mention the warrenty and road side assistance ,caped price servicing {$195} for the first 4 ,plus the first one FREE.
Also picked up the roof ralls {no wind noise I can notice}.
Tint windows.
Black Outlander neoprene front seat covers ...a must as I live on the beach and get into my car wet most of the time...they're expensive but worth it .
Got a great deal and I'm really happy so far and will update this post as I go along.
If anyone is looking for a wagon ,go check them out.

Cheers and Beers .
Sled.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:29 AM

Hi sled
I am on Oz and have the 2009 LS 2.4 cvt as well. Its the 4WD version. Mine has LPG as well. The difference between 4WD and 2WD when pushed is very noticeable especially on windy roads and in the wet as the traction is great. I have had mine at the snow and didn't need chains whereas all the 2wd vehicles got nowhere without them. Your right about the great fuel economy. They are great vehicles. I tow a pop-top caravan with mine.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:41 PM

Hi callross56.

I read about your LPG in one of the posts and forgot to look into it abit more for when the warrenty runs out if I could convert it to run on LPG.
It has the room for it in the back for a tank.
Where is your tank ?? in the back or in the spare tyre well. ?
Just looked it up on the OZ site ..
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/...nate-fuels/lpg

My car is a ZH ....no info on that one in the link above .

I thought hard about the 2wd V 4wd ..but like I said I only use it a few times a year ,thats if it is needed at all in the NSW ski resorts ...normaly stay on the mountain and only drive in snow for 15 minutes for the last little but up the hill and for once ,I used my head over my heart and stuck to by budget.

I tow jetskis and 750kg unbraked and was another selling point for me ,most other cars where 500kg.

Last edited by Sleddog; 10-14-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:22 PM

It goes great on LPG in fact there is no discernible difference in performance. As for warranty they don't cover the conversion but do cover everything else. Under the law the vehicle has to be covered. Just look at all the Fords and Holdens converted aftermarket while still under new car warranty the same applies here. The spare was removed and the floor cut with a donut tank underneath and a steel plate on top with a new carpet supplied. 40 lt usable but that gets me around 380-400k .Switching is fully automatic even when you run out of LPG. The longer you drive on petrol the less you save.

Old 10-14-2010, 10:40 PM

Thanks mate good to know.

Also just got a call from Mitsubishi Australia to see if I was happy with the car and the dealer ,they told me about the Mitsubishi assist and other stuff.
Good to see they follow up on the sale and give you a second thought after they got the cash.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:53 PM

I agree with you as to the after sales customer care from Mitsubishi. I don't take mine to Mitsubishi for servicing though as the local mechanic(right next door) has all the gear and even the you beaut diagnostic computer (which is a must)and my 30000k service was only $90. I change the oil (Fuchs)and filter (genuine) every 7500k. $50. The van I tow weighs 1400 kg and tows beautifully at the posted limits so you wont have a problem with a jet ski. Rear suspension air bags work great to stop sag if its a problem.

Old 10-27-2010, 04:22 AM

A little update ..just hit 2000kms in 2 weeks ,yes I rack up the kms
Love the car ,it sits on 8.5L per hundred on my commute on the highway with cruise control ...very happy with that.
The dog loves the room in the back and likes his little side window to look out of.
Dealer said mine is a 2011 model that was a plus .
{how to I change the topic ..only lets me edit the post ??}

One little thing to pick on as I don't have time to say all the good things.
The silver around the air ducts on the dash ,reflect on the window right where the side rear view mirrors are ,pretty much all the time your trying to look past it and see the cars behind ...if you get my drift ,its really off putting .My father drove it and said the same thing as his first comment before we even left the driveway.
And they scratch really easy ,same with the silver around the gear lever ,I droped my keys on it and scratched it.
I might cover then up with some carbon sticker sheet ,to save them if I ever sell it.
Thats it ...dose everything I wanted and more.
And my dealer washs my car for free for life ...had it washed 3 times already ,they are closer to me then the normal car wash.
Plus after the 1500km service they sent me a text with ,a please reply "OK" if I was happy with the service ,or call back if I had a concern.
Got to be happy with that.