Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Installed Strut Bar

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 07:41 PM
Default Installed Strut Bar

I installed my custom strut bar a few days ago but haven't had the time to post pics. I will post pics tonite after work. I can really feel the difference in handling. Less body roll and lean when taking turns. I didn't have to relocate the brake fluid resorvoir at all. Nice overall look as well.

I'll post the details later tonite with pics.

Old 06-04-2006, 07:20 PM
Default RE: Installed Strut Bar

LIAR!!! j/k
Just waiting for the pics. Man this forum has DIED!!!
When you say custom do you mean that you fabricated it?

Old 06-12-2006, 11:03 PM

ORIGINAL: dirtwagon

LIAR!!! j/k
Just waiting for the pics. Man this forum has DIED!!!
When you say custom do you mean that you fabricated it?

Sorry bout the delay. I've been really busy lately. My dad and I own our own landscape design build firm. My dad had to put his personal truck into the business and so he took my moms dodge caravan as his daily driver. My mom then proceeded to take my outlander as her own, which left me with nothing, so I had to buy something quick. I lent myself some money from the business and got an Audi A4.

So much for my new strut bar. My mom will never know why it handles so much better than before.

Well here are the pics. Havent cleaned the engine bay in a while. Kinda dusty.

Old 06-12-2006, 11:09 PM

Its an EVO VIII Strut Bar that I custom modified to fit the outlander. I have a metal workshop were we do ornamental iron fencing and welding, so modifying it wasnt a big deal. It took me tops 35-40mins from start to finishing the install.

Old 06-12-2006, 11:16 PM

It turned out well. Maybe I can buy a few more and modify and sell them to you guys if there's enough interest. Perhaps I could paint them with some high temp gloss or flat black to make it look more stock. More of a clean look. I guess it wouldn't take that much more effort seeing as how I still have all the equipment from my dad's ex autobody and engine repair business back in the day. Gotta find those paint sprayers.

Let me know guys.

Old 06-13-2006, 07:14 PM

Price dictates desire my friend. I'm thinking the Evo strut brace will be less cost effective than buying one for the lancer or RA and moving the reservoir a bit. What did you pay for the brace before being modded?
Any mods your mom won't notice are missing from the car that you wanna part with?

Old 06-13-2006, 10:58 PM

ORIGINAL: dirtwagon

Price dictates desire my friend. I'm thinking the Evo strut brace will be less cost effective than buying one for the lancer or RA and moving the reservoir a bit. What did you pay for the brace before being modded?
Any mods your mom won't notice are missing from the car that you wanna part with?

Who wants to move the resorvoir though?? Not me... Thats why the evo strut bar works well. No resorvoir moving and minimal mods for me. If I were to sell them already modified then it would be no mods for anyone = direct bolt on.

It cost me about $55 if remember correctly. I would charge for my labor time involved modifying it. I would also include 4 replacement bolts and lock washers that are required for easier installation. Not everyone has the large allen key required to tighten down the ones that come with the strut bar, so I would replace those with standard grade 8 bolts - not allen.

So we're talking about $80-90 shipped. Sounds fair, but what do you think??

Old 06-18-2006, 03:53 AM

hi mexmr,

sounds alot m/t fair!!! i'm sure i'm not alone in this; can we impose on you to get one?

Old 06-18-2006, 07:05 PM

okay, the price is great! Moving the reservoir is not something I look forward to doing, so a way around it is definately a good thing. I have a couple of questions for you about the brace though.
1. Is there a bolt holding the main body of the brace to the strut tower brackets?
2. I haven't seen any of the EVO VIII strut tower braces that look like this... they are straight bars with a single triangle bolting to the firewall. I'm just curious as to why I haven't seen any with this design on the EVO's?
3. Where were you able to purchase one "raw" or unfinished?

Old 01-13-2007, 10:35 PM

So, what's the story with the strut bar? Did it ever happen? Were they ever made?
I'm looking for a strut bar for my '05. Can anyone point me to the direction or send me a link?

Quick Reply: Installed Strut Bar