Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

installing third row seats

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009 | 12:06 AM
|
Default installing third row seats

im planning to install third row seats on outlander. as i dont like the oem 3rd row seats, im considering going aftermarket or perhaps use a bench seat from another vehicle as third row. but im not sure if this is possible, your thoughts are appreciated?

Old 12-31-2009 | 06:08 PM

My thoughts.... Good luck

If you do it, I would like to see pictures of how it turns out.

Old 12-31-2009 | 06:30 PM
tcp
Default seems difficult

While you may find something that could fit, actually installing it into a strong enough location in the rear hatch would be difficult. Seeing as shoulder belts would be manditory as well, you'll have to find some place to attach them in the sides of the rear hatch. You could cludge something together, but will it be comfortable and safe...questionable.

Originally Posted by judgfm
im planning to install third row seats on outlander. as i dont like the oem 3rd row seats, im considering going aftermarket or perhaps use a bench seat from another vehicle as third row. but im not sure if this is possible, your thoughts are appreciated?

Old 12-31-2009 | 06:51 PM
|

were there bench seats with shoulder belts integrated with the seat? just like those seen at littlepassengerseat? worst if this doesnt come through i might have to find a wrecked outlander xls and get the third row seat and other parts necessary. i need the 3rd row seats to accomodate my extended family. unless someone here wants to sell me their 3rd row seat? nevertheless, im sure it will be challenging.

Old 01-04-2010 | 07:42 AM

Funny cuz I kinda want to do the opposite, I wanna get rid of my 3rd row seat and put a hard cover over.

Old 01-05-2010 | 10:43 AM

So who here knows how hard it would be to just swap my third row seat with judgfm's hidden compartment back ? Is it a question of just removing some screws and switching the backs ?

Thanx

Old 01-06-2010 | 08:16 AM

I would be willing to sell my third row seats along with the seat belts. PM me with an offer.

Old 01-12-2010 | 04:25 AM

I'm willing to do the switch for free as long as I don't have to pay someone to do it.

Old 03-29-2010 | 12:50 AM
Default Anyone done this..

Did you guys managed to do this - anyone else willing to give up their 3rd row or have removed it?

Old 08-31-2010 | 09:33 AM
Cool Outlander 3rd row seats

Hey guys just had twins and there is the need for a set of 3rd row seats in my 09 outlander activ...... if anyone has the 3rd row and wants to sell them or knows of an aftermarket seat please let me know

Quick Reply: installing third row seats