Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

installing third row seats

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010 | 05:38 PM

Make sure you check with the secretary of state or dmv and insurance company because your vehicle is registered and insured as a 5 passenger not a 7, modifications may be illegal or at least need an inspection. Cars are engineered ways for certain reasons with specific seat heights, mounting locations, secure seat belt anchoring locations and weight restrictions. I don't want to sound harsh and sorry if I do, I guess if your willing to take a chance on the safety of your family that is your own prerogative I would just trade it in for a vehicle that was designed for that many passengers(I say this referring to installing non-Mitsubishi 3rd row seating)

Old 06-23-2011 | 04:28 PM
Default Outlander 3rd row

Hi, New here... Just thought I'd revive this old thread... I'm looking at also installing the 3rd row of seats in my in 2nd gen 2008 Outlander... How did you guy go with it all.

Does anyone want to sell me their third row or know of a after market supplier

Cheers

Old 06-24-2011 | 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by nexus
Did you guys managed to do this - anyone else willing to give up their 3rd row or have removed it?
I did. 4 bolts at the front and 6 at the back of the 3rd row seat. I used 14mm socket.

Old 06-24-2011 | 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by mcanna
Hi, New here... Just thought I'd revive this old thread... I'm looking at also installing the 3rd row of seats in my in 2nd gen 2008 Outlander... How did you guy go with it all.

Does anyone want to sell me their third row or know of a after market supplier

Cheers
I'm thinking of selling mine. Send me an offer if you're interested.

Old 06-25-2011 | 10:07 AM

Will it be possible to install 3rd seats in outlander 2007 2.4L

Old 06-26-2011 | 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by judgfm
im planning to install third row seats on outlander. as i dont like the oem 3rd row seats, im considering going aftermarket or perhaps use a bench seat from another vehicle as third row. but im not sure if this is possible, your thoughts are appreciated?
I'm not sure but I think it would be cheaper to get the seat reupholstered with more cushion that way nothing has to be custom. It might not fold down with the extra cushion but at least it won't take any serious modification to work. Also if you have the leather package u can wrap the third row in leather also so it can match the fronts, that's what I plan on doing.

Old 03-09-2015 | 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by pilcan
I'm thinking of selling mine. Send me an offer if you're interested.
very sorry to dig out old threads but was wondering is someone willing to part out their 3rd row seats that wil fit on a 2007 Outlander LS.

Thank you,

Old 03-25-2015 | 01:08 PM

Interesting post. I bought my 2008 XLS used and the previous owner had removed the third row seat. I ended buying a seat from another owner who had it listed on Kijiji. But I also found some available from the wrecker for 200 bucks. The seat itself had numerous large bolts that secure it to the floor.
I would imagine that those mounting points are in every car even if didn't come with the 7-seater option but I'm not sure.

Mine was originally a 7-seater it had the shoulder belts in the side panels already. If I had to add those it would be a much bigger job.

Old 03-26-2015 | 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by miparo75
very sorry to dig out old threads but was wondering is someone willing to part out their 3rd row seats that wil fit on a 2007 Outlander LS.

Thank you,
Where are you located, I have one.

Old 03-26-2015 | 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by dallasneon
Where are you located, I have one.
Toronto, Canada. But i can drive to Chicago, New York, Indiana or Michigan..

Quick Reply: installing third row seats