Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Interior Lights for Outlander 2014

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 03:03 PM
Default Interior Lights for Outlander 2014

OK, so Mitsubishi is getting very wishy washy in the owners manual of indicating what exact part # the bulbs are on the new 2014 Outie. Now they just list it as wattage, not a comparable part number. I just purchased a 2014 GT that already came with the interior LED package, but let me tell you the LED light kit bulbs Mitsubishi uses for all the overhead lights is very dim. I am wondering if anyone has a breakdown of the actual bulb replacement #'s for the 2014 Outlander. Sylvania doesn't list the 2014 model year on their website yet. I had changed out all my overhead lights on my 2009 Outie that I just traded in for the 2014 with aftermarket LED's that were sooo much brighter than what Mitsu uses. It's like comparing night and day. I forgot where I had purchased the one's from for my 2009. I'm sure they'll fit if if I were to find out where I had bought the other one's from, just wondering if anyone knows about any other part numbers for other bulbs in the 2014 outie that can be changed out from filament to LED.

Thanks,

Old 11-12-2013, 08:56 PM

just pop the covers off, pull the bulbs (most likely festoons) and measure their length, then go to superbrightleds.com and buy equivalent sized ones there

Old 11-12-2013, 09:10 PM

Most likely they're 31mm.

Old 11-15-2013, 04:07 PM

they appear to be the same setup as previous generation of Outlander. I thought the taillights were LED again on the 2014, but to my surprise they're not. The owners manual shows they're bulb type P21/5W. I'd like to put LED's in the break lights. I'll be trying a few that I've been noticing on different web sites and report back after purchasing and installing. Just a word to the wise, if anyone wants to spend the money to have the interior overhead LED light installed on a 2014, save your money. I think that package costs upwards of $300.00 US for 4 bulbs. You can get much brighter on e-bay. As I said before, in my 2009 I just traded in for the 2014 I installed my own LEDS in all the overhead housings and it cost me well under $50.00 US for all the bulbs and were 100% brighter than the bulbs Mitsu uses for their LED's. If you like the dimmer effect, than I say go for it, but I like to the interior to REALLY light up at night when a door is opened and these by no means cut it.

Old 01-20-2014, 03:16 PM

If you're interested i sell these dome light panel call COB, way bright then the 5050 SMD panel. PM me

Old 01-23-2014, 12:49 PM

Well, during the holidays I did replace all the interior roof lights with much brighter LED's that what came factory installed LED's from Mitsubishi. It's like comparing night to day. I also purchased, what I thought, were LED bulbs that would replace the stock break lights, but they wouldn't even light up, I switched them around (plug ins) and they still wouldn't light, so I put the original bulbs back in. I'm still wondering if anyone has any idea what type of bulbs and where I could purchase to replace the stock halogen brake light bulbs with LED bulbs. Anyone......

Old 01-23-2014, 03:22 PM

Take a measurement of the lamps. In mm or convert inches to mm then buy them on ebay. I have had great luck so far

Old 01-23-2014, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by brianwis
Well, during the holidays I did replace all the interior roof lights with much brighter LED's that what came factory installed LED's from Mitsubishi. It's like comparing night to day. I also purchased, what I thought, were LED bulbs that would replace the stock break lights, but they wouldn't even light up, I switched them around (plug ins) and they still wouldn't light, so I put the original bulbs back in. I'm still wondering if anyone has any idea what type of bulbs and where I could purchase to replace the stock halogen brake light bulbs with LED bulbs. Anyone......

LED Lights | LED Replacement Bulbs for Cars | 12v | Super Bright LEDs