Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

intermittent high pitch noise from rear - attached audio

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 10:21 AM
Default intermittent high pitch noise from rear - attached audio

hi there,

Recently, my outlander 2008 xls is giving me a high pitch noise from back and sounds like from the rear wheel on the passenger side. The problem is very intermittent, and it seems only happening when back parking, or brake and go (it seems like only giving the noise when the car is start going after the brake) and it has been going on for about couple weeks now.

Also noting that I recently started a new job, which requires a long distance drive every business day about (100 KM back and forth - hwy 401), and I am living in Toronto and it seems getting worse when the weather is warmer. I also noticed that the noise started just about the same time when I started my new job.

Could it be brake pad? i don't hear the grinding sound though not sure if it's the indicator is giving the noise. Could be rotor warped?It does look like rotor surrounding area gets some rusty, but all four wheels looks like the same, and the surface on the rotor itself looks fine to me. could it be wheel bearing is gone bad?

here is the URL hi there,

Recently, my outlander 2008 xls is giving me a high pitch noise from back and sounds like from the rear wheel on the passenger side. The problem is very intermittent, and it seems only happening when back parking, or brake and go (it seems like only giving the noise when the car is start going after the brake) and it has been going on for about couple weeks now.

Also noting that I recently started a new job, which requires a long distance drive every business day about (100 KM back and forth - hwy 401), and I am living in Toronto and it seems getting worse when the weather is warmer. I also noticed that the noise started just about the same time when I started my new job.

Could it be brake pad? i don't hear the grinding sound though not sure if it's the indicator is giving the noise. Could be rotor warped?It does look like rotor surrounding area gets some rusty, but all four wheels looks like the same, and the surface on the rotor itself looks fine to me. could it be wheel bearing is gone bad?

here is the same noise I have found in youtube, I can't upload mine cuz the size is too big.

so you can listen it. Any input and advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance,

Victor

Old 05-15-2015, 01:18 PM

Brake pad wear indicators most likely. Time to change rear pads.

Old 05-17-2015, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
Brake pad wear indicators most likely. Time to change rear pads.
Thanks for the reply. I will take it to dealer and take a look.

Old 05-25-2015, 11:54 AM

it turns out the caliper is not releasing properly.. rebuild caliper, pad, and rotor. no more noises.