Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Ipod adapter with charging ability for Outlanders without AUX IN

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 09:59 AM
Banned

Hi jsrd, thanks for your input again...

can u please tell me what does the VTR harness do? I don't have the MMCS, mine is only the RF system.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:11 AM

Sure, the VTR harness makes the connection between the AUX RCA input and the MMCS/radioCD; if your Outie hasn´t the VTR, the AUX RCA is 'unplugged'.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:10 PM
Banned

alright, i will give it a check...i believe the VTR is underneath the driver's seat?

Old 09-17-2009, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by alvinbmx
alright, i will give it a check...i believe the VTR is underneath the driver's seat?
Yes, look post # 3 of link above. . .

Old 10-14-2009, 01:02 PM

mtryan0505, I installed the same thing as yours but there is a problem. The music won't stop playing when I cut of the battery. Mine is a 07 Outlander LS and I installed it by plugging the wires to the rear of the stero.
I actually installed both OEM and MIT-POD adapter by soldering them together but I am sure there is no problem of that. The problem is that the iPod does not feel that the connection has been cut off. I wonder if you have the same problem cutting off the music automatically when you stop the engine. When I use the FM transmitter for the iPod, the music does automatically cut off.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:42 AM

This adapter will not automatically turn off the Ipod or stop it from playing. The radio only thinks rca's are plugged into it. That is one reason why "real" ipod adpaters are so much more expensive, because the radio communicates with the ipod. This adapter is essentially the same as plugging a headphone jack in the top of the ipod.

As for the power cables, I attached those to the cigarette lighter in front of the shifter, so the charging stops when the power is turned off.

Hope that helps.

Old 10-19-2009, 04:45 PM

I appreciate it. So except that made a Y-cable to have two output sources, I guess there is nothing different between yours and mine. I guess that will just make my iPod to run 1-2 more hours to finish the whole album before it actually stop playing...
Maybe that's why I should plug my iPod using FM transmitter, but play it through the 3.5mm cable so that the FM transmitter can stop the iPod for me... (have wasted $40 for nothing better...)

Old 11-12-2009, 11:47 AM

ANy way to install this in an LS with MMCS?

Old 06-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Default Questions..

hey guys,
I am from Canada. I just bought an used 08 Outlander LS with Sun and Sound, no NAV. I really love this car a lot. Ok, I read a lot of posts here about connecting Ipod to the car sound system, but i am confused now so hopefully you guys can clear my doubt.
I found the rca under the armrest and hook up the Ipod without a problem. However I do want to be able to control the playlist on my steering wheel like skipping songs etc. Should i use the MIT-POD or the Kenwood KCA-iP500 ? Would I able to see what song is playing on the stock RF cd player?

Thank you so much!!

Old 06-04-2010, 06:57 PM

You can't unless you have a unit with the FUSE system (not available in Canada). Even if you had NAV, nobody knows which adapter works for the North American version (Australia is the only one known IIRC).

Quick Reply: Ipod adapter with charging ability for Outlanders without AUX IN