Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Keepn Mits alive

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 02:56 AM
Default RE: Keepn Mits alive

well its like people boosting the current lancer NOBODY in the right mind would compare a aftermarket turbo lancer oz to an evo VII correct? i see what you are saying but they are still two very different vehicles.

Old 03-18-2007, 02:27 PM

Yeah, Mitsubishi is strenghtening its car line-up! good to see they've finally re-designed the Lancer, not that there was anything wrong with the 2006 lancer design, but I believe the front looks much better now, and this new look will certainly boost sales.. it's got that "expensive" look of Alfa-Romeo.
I've checked the pics of the interiour, and it looks identical to the Outlander... it's not that bad, but certainly not my taste.. it doesn't look that sportive as the interiour of the 2006 Outlander.
With competitive pricing I expect the lancer to sell well... I suppose its main rivals will be cars like the Civic, but the lancer has more agressive styling so that's a plus.

I think the new Montero will be released in the US soon, since it's already on sale in Europe (but here with a diesel engine). I've read they'll fit the 3.5l MIVEC V6 from the Eclipse into the new Montero, that will be a blast! and by the way; the new Montero looks like a robust, true offroader again!

Old 03-18-2007, 03:55 PM

Holy god does the 2008 lancer look like an outlander on the inside or what?! Its like they went 1 step further shrinking the outlander. I guess sales would have to be good with the outlander if they plan on taking the interior and putting it into the lancer.

Old 03-18-2007, 08:52 PM

lightforce-ive been in the 08's lancer it feels sporty its not like the outlander at all and the eclipse doesnt have a 3.5l its a 3.8l v6.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:28 PM

I dont know so much about that Davidmitsu, The new evo x has the same gauge binacle as the current outlander. I searched for the production pictures, but just couldnt find them now, Ill keep looking and see what I come up with.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:12 AM

ORIGINAL: lightforce
I think the new Montero will be released in the US soon, since it's already on sale in Europe (but here with a diesel engine). I've read they'll fit the 3.5l MIVEC V6 from the Eclipse into the new Montero, that will be a blast! and by the way; the new Montero looks like a robust, true offroader again!
Maybe in 2008? The new Pajero will not be made available as a 2007 model in the US, but it will be marketed in Central and South America, Europe, and the rest of the world, except US and Canada.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:58 AM

ORIGINAL: lightforce

Yeah, Mitsubishi is strenghtening its car line-up! good to see they've finally re-designed the Lancer, not that there was anything wrong with the 2006 lancer design, but I believe the front looks much better now, and this new look will certainly boost sales.. it's got that "expensive" look of Alfa-Romeo.
I've checked the pics of the interiour, and it looks identical to the Outlander... it's not that bad, but certainly not my taste.. it doesn't look that sportive as the interiour of the 2006 Outlander.
With competitive pricing I expect the lancer to sell well... I suppose its main rivals will be cars like the Civic, but the lancer has more agressive styling so that's a plus.

mitsu wont be selling a montero in america again. the new model does not pass rollover tests, and doesnt sell enough to justify any new engineering.
unless mitsu changes their minds in the next decade, the montero is dead for good here.

Old 03-19-2007, 01:33 AM

any pics of the 4th gen montero? i didnt know there was a new pajaro?

Old 03-19-2007, 01:49 AM

Name:  2007_Pajero_UK_paxtech_02.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  17.2 KB

More Pics (with wallpaper) and details: http://paxtech.blogspot.com/2006/12/...ntero-for.html

Old 03-19-2007, 01:55 AM

ORIGINAL: Manybrews
mitsu wont be selling a montero in america again. the new model does not pass rollover tests, and doesnt sell enough to justify any new engineering.
unless mitsu changes their minds in the next decade, the montero is dead for good here.
And the new Outlander and Endeavor will fill the demand for the SUV segment with 4WD capabilities IMO. And in fact, the new Outlander is the byproduct of the Pajero Evolution concept, which has been the basis also for the Pajero Evolution MPR10 to MPR 13. The only common feature about the MPR13 and the new Pajero is the front grill, which Mitsu used effectively in the launch campaign in Europe and Japan.

Quick Reply: Keepn Mits alive