Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Key Programming

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2020, 01:58 PM
Default Key Programming

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander ES

I only have one vehicle for my Outlander but a while back I bought a blank with the three button head on it. I have already had it cut and all I need to do now is get it programmed. This is where I have questions.
I have seen YouTube videos the people programming the exact same keys themselves. This is with only one working key but I have not tried it yet because I don't want to unprogram the only working key that I have.
in one video, the lock and unlock button are held down for 3 seconds causing the red light to flash three times. Then immediately after that the unlock button is held for one second causing the lights to also Flash.
has anyone tried this? If so, do you know if it will work on the 2010 Outlander? If it will not, do you know of another way that I can program it myself with me only having one key that works? Money is very tight right now and I really need it a spare he that will lock unlock and also crank my vehicle. Thanks ahead for any helpful information.

Old 11-17-2020, 02:16 PM

You need an access code to program the immobiliser and door locking functions of a remote key. To input this you will need a diagnostic computer.

You can also get cloned keys, but they dont always work.

Old 11-17-2020, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by DibbyDibbyDJ
You need an access code to program the immobiliser and door locking functions of a remote key. To input this you will need a diagnostic computer.

So how is it being done in all the Youtube videos without a computer? Mine is a US Outlander that was made in Japan. I have an ELM327 and the Torque Pro app. Will the app work to program it with the ELM327 or a different app besides Torque pro? Anything work with the ELM327?

Old 11-17-2020, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by DibbyDibbyDJ

This is what I was talking about...

Old 01-10-2022, 10:37 AM

I would not recommend you to do programming of your keys if you just saw everything you know on YouTube. This is not the most reliable source of information and there have repeatedly been situations when, because of the advice on YouTube, people had problems with opening car doors. If I were you, I would buy a second key from an official dealer and would not listen to the advice of bloggers. So that later you don't have to contact the Locksmith Company to unlock the doors of your car lol.

Last edited by dixonfel; 01-13-2022 at 02:14 PM.