Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Larger Tires for Stock 18" Rims

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by SERPENTOR
Can you share some pictures bro? What PSI are you running your tires at?
I think Ive got them the same as my 16 Outlander. 37 fronts, 32-33 rears. To be honest, since the shop put them on in late Oct. We

haven't done anything but drive it.
Here's some pics.

Old 01-28-2019, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by Krakker
I think Ive got them the same as my 16 Outlander. 37 fronts, 32-33 rears. To be honest, since the shop put them on in late Oct. We

haven't done anything but drive it.
Here's some pics.
Thank you, those look awesome any rubbing with three passengers in the rear? I wonder if I can run 235/60/18 tires on my 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS V6

Old 02-10-2019, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by SERPENTOR
Thank you, those look awesome any rubbing with three passengers in the rear? I wonder if I can run 235/60/18 tires on my 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS V6
There is PLENTY of room for the rear tires to stuff in the wheel wells. The fronts were the only thing I was concerned with, but there's been zero issues with articulation or turning during going over bumps, ditches, etc..

Old 03-24-2019, 12:54 PM

FYI, if you want to compare for what would fit, you can use the link provided. I've used it to help decide on tires recently too. I just got some new aggressive tires for the girls 17 OS, and they're a 225/60R18. Stock tires come in at 27.7 inches. these come in at 28.6 inches. For comparison, the wifes new 235/60R18's come in at 29.1 inches tall. That's the tallest I'd personally go without doing some type of lift, and I did find out the aggressive tread she's got will chunk up more in the wheel well during slushy/snow, ice crap, but they rub right through the ice block with no issues. and honestly every ride experiences that at some point in crappy winter weather.
I'm looking to go with a 235/50R19 for my new set this spring and they'll be slightly taller than stock and should fill the wheel opening nicely. My other choice might be a 255/45R19 which is a lil shorter, but pretty beefy. I just don't know if I want the look of a super wide tire look like the BMW X5 has or the porche Cayman. I do have the nice wheels to go that wide if I choose, but we'll see. Check out the link below, or search tire size comparison chart. This one lets you put in your stock height and the tire size your thinking about going to and shows you the comparisons on width, height, rev's per mile, etc.

https://tiresize.com/comparison/

Old 04-27-2019, 10:49 AM

I did it, fit 255/55/18 BFGoodrich KO2’s on my 2017 Outlander GT... and it fits! No rubbing, looks gorgeous... real giddy about it. So yes, 255/55’s fit on the stock rim! You have 2 aggressive options, the KO2’s and the Nitto Terra Grappler G2’s. Here’s a pic of my car.
https://imgur.com/gallery/WbJjV8W
1.5” lift is coming soon. Found a kit through Fat Bob’s Garage in Utah. Here’s a pic of a dealer car they did.
https://imgur.com/a/E9kOmVy

Last edited by Skimmilk; 04-27-2019 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-10-2022, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Kaiser Sosa
OK I have to admit that I'm a little surprised at the lack of response by members who have experimented with tire sizes. To satisfy my curiosity, and to be a service to those others who have the same question I went to my local tire dealer today and had a set of 255/55/18 Yokohama Geolander H/T-S test fit on my wife's '07 Outlander. The tires seem to fit with no problem so I bought them. They look great IMO, and fill the wheel wells much better than stock. No rubbing at full lock in either direction, and nothing hit on the 30 mile drive back home. Based solely on the trip computer it looks like the larger tires are going to cost about 1 to 2 mpg at 70mph. I'm not that concerned with the drop since I've been averaging about 26 mpg with the V6 (a lot more than I expected when I bought the vehicle). I didn't notice any drop in acceleration.

I will post an update after we put a few hundred miles on the new tires. There are some pretty rough roads down here in Galveston after Hurricane Ike, so I should be able to tell pretty quickly if there are going to be any real clearance issues. I doubt it though since there still seems to be a lot of room around the tire. The only place I'm really concerned with rubbing will be inside the rear wheel well lip when the back is loaded down. I'll try to fill it up with stuff next week to see if it rubs there. I will also post pictures as soon as I take some (and figure out how to post on this forum).
Thank you so much! I have been seriously considering upgrading to this size and desperately trying to find real life experiences based on this size upgrade. I have a 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS 6cyl. And really wanted to upgrade for better tire coverage. So thank you!

Old 08-16-2022, 02:30 AM
Default Larger Tires for Stock 18” Rims

Originally Posted by Kaiser Sosa
OK I have to admit that I'm a little surprised at the lack of response by members who have experimented with tire sizes. To satisfy my curiosity, and to be a service to those others who have the same question I went to my local tire dealer today and had a set of 255/55/18 Yokohama Geolander H/T-S test fit on my wife's '07 Outlander. The tires seem to fit with no problem so I bought them. They look great IMO, and fill the wheel wells much better than stock. No rubbing at full lock in either direction, and nothing hit on the 30 mile drive back home. Based solely on the trip computer it looks like the larger tires are going to cost about 1 to 2 mpg at 70mph. I'm not that concerned with the drop since I've been averaging about 26 mpg with the V6 (a lot more than I expected when I bought the vehicle). I didn't notice any drop in acceleration.

I will post an update after we put a few hundred miles on the new tires. There are some pretty rough roads down here in Galveston after Hurricane Ike, so I should be able to tell pretty quickly if there are going to be any real clearance issues. I doubt it though since there still seems to be a lot of room around the tire. The only place I'm really concerned with rubbing will be inside the rear wheel well lip when the back is loaded down. I'll try to fill it up with stuff next week to see if it rubs there. I will also post pictures as soon as I take some (and figure out how to post on this forum).
I put 235/60R18 on stock rims with 20mm hubcentric wheel spacers. No rubbing without the spacers, very slight and barely noticeable rubbing on full lock on rear part of wheel well only w/ spacers. Having it lifted 40mm, rubbing should go away.

Old 06-02-2023, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Krakker
FYI, if you want to compare for what would fit, you can use the link provided. I've used it to help decide on tires recently too. I just got some new aggressive tires for the girls 17 OS, and they're a 225/60R18. Stock tires come in at 27.7 inches. these come in at 28.6 inches. For comparison, the wifes new 235/60R18's come in at 29.1 inches tall. That's the tallest I'd personally go without doing some type of lift, and I did find out the aggressive tread she's got will chunk up more in the wheel well during slushy/snow, ice crap, but they rub right through the ice block with no issues. and honestly every ride experiences that at some point in crappy winter weather.
I'm looking to go with a 235/50R19 for my new set this spring and they'll be slightly taller than stock and should fill the wheel opening nicely. My other choice might be a 255/45R19 which is a lil shorter, but pretty beefy. I just don't know if I want the look of a super wide tire look like the BMW X5 has or the porche Cayman. I do have the nice wheels to go that wide if I choose, but we'll see. Check out the link below, or search tire size comparison chart. This one lets you put in your stock height and the tire size your thinking about going to and shows you the comparisons on width, height, rev's per mile, etc.

https://tiresize.com/comparison/
Hi Krakker, I'm looking to buy bigger tires for my ASX 15/16 (original size is 225/55R18).

My choice is 225/60R18 to gain a few cms in height. I don't know if 235/60 will fit. What your opinion since you have the same car in your house?

Sorry to bump an old post, but I didn't found any answer about that.

Tks.

Old 06-14-2023, 05:08 AM

Hi fam, new guy here i just gotta say that green line art on the grey mitsy just killed it. love it good to see my car looking mint like that.

Old 08-24-2023, 06:20 AM
Default Larger Tires for Stock 18" Rims

**** UPDATE *****
Recently did quite a few suspension mods / upgrades including brand new front control arms. After putting the new control arms on, back of the wheels were rubbing. Geometry was perfect after alignment was done, so I'm guessing that the bushings on the old control arms were just old and not as stiff as supposed to be? Anyway, just cut off the part that was rubbing, smoothed it out, put some masking tape on and sprayed it with plastidip to avoid any rust and all is well

Originally Posted by ThEccentric
I put 235/60R18 on stock rims with 20mm hubcentric wheel spacers. No rubbing without the spacers, very slight and barely noticeable rubbing on full lock on rear part of wheel well only w/ spacers. Having it lifted 40mm, rubbing should go away.

​​​​​​​

Quick Reply: Larger Tires for Stock 18" Rims