Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

lit up my grill

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Default lit up my grill

so now that i have this new grill installed i wanted to have the option to light it up... used 4 50/50 strips, soldered them all into 1 used a relay set up so they can only turn on if the fog lights are on, and this way they turn off with the car and i can also cut them off if i do not want them on... here are some pics
i used hyper white as the color

Old 06-05-2013, 08:38 PM

I anticipated a ghetto, "ricer" fail from the thread title, but I am pleasantly surprised to say that that actually isn't bad. I think it should be more of a "show" thing than on while you're driving though.

A few pics of the actual install would be nice, too. Nice job.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:01 AM

I hope that you put in a decent horn while you had the front off.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:32 AM

In IL, this is completely legal to drive with. you are allowed 4 white lights forward facing, being that these do not flash, are not forward facing, and are white, they are legal to run while the vehicle is in motion. I tapped them off the fog light power so that they can only come on if the fogs are on. I will get some pics when i have a moment. basicly what i did was solder 2 50/50 LED strips together 2 for top, 2 for bottom. i then removed the top plastic cover and cleaned the front frame section that is right under that plastic cover with some denatured alcohol from there i used the supplied adhesive and stuck the strips on the frame section.
on the bottom i removed the lower plastic wind cover. i was able to get to the front what appears to be bumper structure (steel) cleaned the bottom of these again wiht the denatured alcohol and attached them again wiht the adhesive. because there where more in the line of fire from road grime etc, i was able to get 2 zip ties around each of the lower ones as well for added support. I then soldered in the 2 upper and 2 lower wires so that i had one power source line. I took this up and zip tied it to the other factory wiring harness, added an inline fuse, and tapped it into the passanger side fog light (white is power). everything was shrink wrapped and soldered. It is going to be tough to take picks as i made sure that you can not see anything. I wanted the light, but not able to see the actual light source (LED's) if you have any questions please let me know i am more than happy to help. Seemed a shame to have that huge grill and nothing to make it show off a bit.

i was able to access the horns while i was under the car coming up from the bottom, however i am not 100% what style horn i want to go with (high output or air) so for now i will leave the driving miss daisy horns in there. Next up is LED BMW style DTRL, color matched powdercoated hitch, rims, 2 tone powder on the wheels, and powder calipers/brackets/rotors (then recut rotors) that should put me where i want to be for now.... I am still un decided if i will fab up a CAI and pull the throttle body so i can have one of the guys in my shop port and polish it... how much more can you really get out of a 4cyl ya know...

Old 06-20-2013, 02:46 PM

Old 07-01-2013, 12:54 PM

had a bit of free time after i got done washing and detailing the car... so i hard lined in my radar