Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Maintenance for 2007 Outlander XLS 4WD

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 02:12 PM

there is another manual for the '07 3.0L US/Canada

Old 02-24-2010, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by calvario
Thank you very much for your comment Oj83. I really felt like all the stuff they told me was not really necessary to do. I'll shop around for prices and go from there. I guess i'll do the coolant and transmission fluid first as you suggested.
By the way, have you done business at all with Mr Lube?
I'll go and check out Midas.

Thanks Again.

I like Mr.lube for a few things; the main benefit that I get is that I can see the work done myself. Call me paranoid but I do believe that some oil change shops will tell you that they'll use say Mobil1 but they'll put their bulk oil and you will never know.

I've gone to Mr. Lube many times including my first and last oil change on the 09 XLS that I have.

Pros: you have many options to choose from in terms of what oil to use and brands.
2. You see the work done in front of you
3. they have Mitsu OEM oil filters (few extra bucks)

Cons: most of the workers there are part time guys who know a couple of things about cars but they pretend they know more than they do. They might have passed their training but they don't necessarily have the experience
2. Their recommendations are most of the time unsupported and pure sales oriented.
3. you might end up being served by someone who has no clue of an Outlander's oil requirements.

Now the third point is important so if you go there make sure that you know exactly which oil rating you need. I'm pretty sure your model is the same as mine 5W20. Also, tell them that the level of oil should be between the two holes of the dipstick and not necessary right up the top hole cause you might overfill it. When I was there they almost overfilled it assuming that the level should be right up the upper hole.

Price wise, they are not cheap nor very expensive. They sell you crap that you don't need like the newspaper even though they say that it's free, you paid for it. I paid $62+tax for Mobil1 Super 1000 which meets the requirements of the manufacture + OEM filter. (not synthetic)

Old 02-24-2010, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Oj83
I paid $62+tax for Mobil1 Super 1000 which meets the requirements of the manufacture + OEM filter. (not synthetic)
Oi! That's more expensive than the dealer for non-synthetic! Not really sure that's worth the lack-lustre experience, lack of mitsu knowledge and the hassle of upsales.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by ccernst
there is another manual for the '07 3.0L US/Canada
Nice send me the link please would be nice to have !

Old 02-25-2010, 09:57 AM

I would like the link to the manual as well please.

Thanks!

Old 02-25-2010, 11:02 AM

What up everybody just wanted to say hi,

Old 02-25-2010, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. Zoidberg
Oi! That's more expensive than the dealer for non-synthetic! Not really sure that's worth the lack-lustre experience, lack of mitsu knowledge and the hassle of upsales.

You're right it is more expensive but I got Mobil1 oil compared to bulk no name oil at the dealer.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:15 AM

Now that I have a few of you on this thread, I would like to ask if you guys have dealt at all with Good Year Frisby or Active Green +Ross?
I need to change my front tires for my Outlander on top of the work that I mentioned before. I would like to also know if you guys can recommend a good place to get tires?

I went to Active Green +Gross yesteday and they quoted me for the two of them, Assurance tires $470.00 with taxes included. These tires are all season.

Thanks Again,
calvario.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:33 AM

I've never heard of those. If you are primarily a pavement pounder with little to no off-road use (driving over grass doesn't count! ), I recomend a P/passenger tire versus a LT/Light Truck tire. The LTs will be heavier and decrease your mileage. I got the Firestone Destination LE which I'm really sure is a LT tire. Our mileage on the interstate went down 3 miles per gallon. Great tire otherwise, but we really didn't need an LT tire. We got all 4 tires done plus lifetime alignment for 600.

Old 02-26-2010, 09:19 AM

Frisby tires on preston street in Ottawa have a really good service ask for Gerry really good guy and knows is stuff too I got my aftermarket wheels mounted there abd really happy they take their time and do the job right.
I have the Michelin Primacy MXV4 in 18ich for my XLS and I really like them great handling dry or wet and great milage too much better then my Stock goodyear LS-2.

Quick Reply: Maintenance for 2007 Outlander XLS 4WD