Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Mistu issues (split into 2)

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 04:23 AM
Default RE: Mistu issues (split into 2)

not to antagonize your cause...
but even aftermarket navs have and old map datbase too
i have a pioneer avic-z2 and its map database is also at least 2 years old

Old 08-12-2008, 07:58 AM

I guess the biggest beef is EVERYTHING is being sold as 2008 in the vehicle and yet the technology is out of date. Moreover, Mitsubishi and Gracenote are not being forward about the release dates of the updates for these products, so were left in the dark. There should have been some fine print outlining what you would have to pay for (map updates) and what you wouldn't have to pay for (Gracenote).

This was my first Outlander and my first OEM Nav system, I was so excited and now so disapointed. Everything else on the Outlander is wicked.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:33 AM

I didn't get the OEM NAV for those exact reasons. My uncle has an Audi A8,theMaps in it are far worst than inthe after market NAV that I got for $150. And it doesn't matter how old the maps are, he has divenon streets and into entire towns that weren't even on his maps and it was very obvious that they weren't built in the last 2 years. When you consider thatit's ina $80,000 that should make you feel better. The way I see it, you don't pay $2000 for the OEM to get a better NAV system, you pay the extra money to have it all integrated in the car. Like anything else you can get far better features and more current technology in after market stuff.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:05 PM

I have a 07 XLS with nav. When I first noticed that the maps were outdated by two years I was dissapointed. But then I thought, wait, even if I bought a map from a gas station it will be out of date as well...as of yet I don't know of any company that can make maps as people change roads, locations, landmarks, etc. I don't hold Mitsubish accountable for something they have no control over. The nav has the maps that were programed. Do I want to pay $150+ for updated maps? no. will I? yes.

It seems to me that you are getting upset over something trivial. I mean it could have been the tires that were 2 years old.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:07 PM

stop bellyaching.
They ARENT mitsubishis maps. They buy them, same as everyone.

Basically, you're just whining about nothing. Do you really think that every other nav system on the planet is instantly up to date? Stuff changes.
how did you ever find anything before nav systems came into existance, anyway? Use a combination of what you know and what the nav system tells you. WHAM! problem solved.

ORIGINAL: jnetter

First off for those who tell me to stop bellyaching, you must be used to being hosed on a more frequent basis....

here's the concept, you buy something that is 2008, you would expect that the technology inside that 2008 is of that year, not 2 years old. Now the dealership wants me to pay to update to a 1 year old map, that doesn't make sense.

Mitsubishi should be advertising what versions their technologies are at so when people cough out a few thousand more they are not getting ripped off.

I think there are enough users on this forum to take a stance (minus the loser who told me to quit belly aching), most would agree you should get what you pay for, not something branded as 2008 but is really 2006.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:47 PM

Where can I get updates for my Navigation System? How much do they cost?
You can purchase the updated DVD/CD from your local Authorized Mitsubishi Retailer. It takes about an hour to two hours to actually upload the new maps. In addition to updated maps, the Navigation System updates also include other new features such as Diamond Lane directions. Please see your local Mitsubishi Dealer for pricing.

How recent are the maps in the Navigation System?
The maps are updated around the 4th quarter each year.

________
List of Ford engines picture

Last edited by ruchuck; 02-07-2011 at 08:56 PM.