Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Mitsubishi Outlander - Heartbreaker

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 07:00 AM
Default Mitsubishi Outlander - Heartbreaker

I just bought my new Outie (VRX 7 seat V6 - equivalent to XLS in US) exactly 6 months ago and as fate had it Mitsubishi Australia had released a new upgraded Outlander with additional standard features. My Outie was the top of the line since the last 6 months now Mitsubishi had released a luxury version both for the 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder models. It's quite disappointing to know that in less than a year your new car would already be a "superseded" model. Anyway, since the Outie is selling damn well in Australia, I can't blame them for doing this. I am hoping though that mitsubsihi would offer this new feature for previous model as available upgrades. Here is the link for the 2008 Outlander model in Australia;

http://www.caradvice.com.au/8491/200...shi-outlander/

- love the chrome trims on the shifter and on the door sills, blue light though on the gauges does not mix well with the color of the info display w/c remains red. BTW rain sensing wiper and automatic headlights standard on all luxury variants.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:10 AM
Default RE: Mitsubishi Outlander - Heartbreaker

This situation is unfortunately inevitable. You would never buy anew car ifyou wouldhave this concern.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:34 AM

ouch, a heartbreaker indeed
but nonethelessyou still have a very good car there
lets just hope mitsubishi and other companies will start making aftermarket accessories available to us soon enough
to enhance the looks and features of our outlanders

btw, those add on chrome pieces are nice, and that chrome liner on the running board too

Old 12-10-2007, 03:27 PM

This is what happens when you buy a "newly remodeled" vehicle. The second year they always say: "oh, we should of done this".

But I got what I got. Im happy. And usually when they come available you can swap parts with that new stuff. I did it with my last car: swapped the center console, interior door panels, gauge cluster, and dome lights. You can order OEM through online part stores or look at salvage yards. And yes, hopefully the aftermarket world will atleast grow with the newly eye-appealing Outtie.