Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

MMCS : Error message

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 07:51 AM

Software on C-crosser and Outlander is a bit different, for example Mitsubishi logo looks funny inside Citroen and vice versa

Old 11-17-2014, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
Software on C-crosser and Outlander is a bit different, for example Mitsubishi logo looks funny inside Citroen and vice versa
Hi Vadimus,
And thanks!
If the issue between C Crosser and Outlander softwares are only a question of logo, it really doesn't matter to me!
All what I want is to have the two C Crosser with working MMCS... Even with my old navigation maps and so on...
So in case we fail with the clone/copy of our HDDs, would someone have the European files which could run again our MMCS?
Thank you for your answers.
PS : I have some new info. New thread is coming in a few minutes.
Best regards,
Sabine

Old 11-17-2014, 05:03 PM
Question

Dears,

So, I have some new info...

To answer to HJB regarding the versions of the two units from under the joysticks on the bottom right off the front: My friend's MMCS and mine are C-01.
For any other info concerning SW, CDDB or nav versions, I think all the details for MY MMCS are in the fives picture I attached in thread #1. Unfortunately, for my friend's MMCS, I do not have any details as his MMCS doesn't work anymore and I couldn't catch them before bugs (only that also C Crosser of 2009 and with European version)...

Concerning depowering battery during at least 30 min:
- My MMCS: Test done. Nothing changed after this except that I lost all radio stations in memory and that I do not see anymore "bonjour" and "au revoir" when switch power on and off but "Hello" and "Good bye". But message "It's difficult to read the hard disk. Please wait for a while during hard disk is restored" appears after power on, and then disappears after 2 minutes. Please note that I removed since 3 days my HDD from the car and that in this case, this is error message stays constantly when the HDD was not in.
- My friend's MMCS: I just tested to depower battery, removed the HDD, wait for 50 minutes, repowered battery, put the HDD again, and now... A new error message never seen in my car nor in my friend's car... "Insert disk program". and nothing else... If I get out the HDD and put it again: same message. Please note that before this test, his HDD - in my car or in his car - always displayed the same error message than mine while the HDD was in: "It's difficult to read the hard disk. Please wait for a while during hard disk is restored". And I do not see anymore "bonjour" and "au revoir" when switch power on and off but "Hello" and "Good bye".

As a reminder, the only thing I made after I got for the first time my error message with my MMCS is try to read the HDD to a computer with a IDE 2,5 cable to USB. Not working as I wasn't aware I had to unlock. Then put the HDD of my friend in my car => I was able to update timezone. I tried to read his HDD with the same IDE 2,5 cable to USB to a computer thinking that my HDD was broken and that I would be able to clone/copy his HDD. Not working as I wasn't still not aware that I had to unlock it. Then I put his HDD back in his car and in my car: Error message with "it's difficult blabla"... Nothing more. And my HDD works now in my car but with the error message "it's difficult blabla" during two minutes and after this, all is ok (but wasn't working at all during one month before ANY TESTS) and if I put my HDD in his car, the error message "It's difficult blabla" is displaying constantly.

I read again the great post with 59 pages and found on page 30 a post with Aalisant who also had an error message "Please insert disk program":
https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mi...-25583/page30/
Result of his analysis and resolution of his problem:
« So after one week of nightmares I have solved the problems!
First my fu** adapter ide 2.5 to 3.5 was broken and the result 3 HD burned also the toshiba 30GB original. »
==> Do you think the IDE 2,5 cable to USB I used with the two original Toshiba HDDs could be defective and cause damages to the two HDDs??? Even if mine is working again with message error during two minutes in my car and no more when I insert it in his car.
If such, I really hope that I will be able to copy/clone the data and the HDDs because not done before all this happens and now two cars with non good working-MMCS...

Tomorrow I will try to get a copy/clone of the two HDDs.

Thank you very much for your analysis and if I could get some advices re my questions in the message posted yesterday

Sabine

Last edited by scumont; 11-17-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:22 AM
HJB

Removed

Last edited by HJB; 06-01-2015 at 03:17 PM. Reason: instructions were causing problems for people
Old 11-18-2014, 04:43 AM
HJB

Originally Posted by scumont
a) I read somewhere that MENU + INFO buttons make a reboot of the MMCS. Does this equal to depower battery during 30 min? If not, shall I try this reboot?
30 min power off has the best result

But you've reminded me of a reset function in the service menus - Hmmmm - you'll lose all settings. If for some reason it wasn't disk and was corrupt music files then that would clear them - long shot up to you to try.

Old 11-19-2014, 05:03 AM

Hi, HJB!

Thanks for your time and your very clear explanations for both HDDs.

So, for my HDD:
We were able to unlock it :-) Thanks!!! But we failed to image the HDD (it was not with Acronis). We will try with Acronis on another PC as it seems we were unable to run it with MS v8 installed on our current PC.
I will keep you posted.

And for my friend's HDD:
We did the same procedure to unlock it but we failed. We have the following message (see photo attached)
Apparently the disk is not seen by the BIOS (no request for password at boot) and seen by Linux not successfully mounted. All this, on the same PC that we used for my own disk of course.
=> Any idea how to overcome that?

Thank you in advance.

Attached Thumbnails MMCS : Error message-linux.jpg  
Old 11-19-2014, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by HJB
30 min power off has the best result

But you've reminded me of a reset function in the service menus - Hmmmm - you'll lose all settings. If for some reason it wasn't disk and was corrupt music files then that would clear them - long shot up to you to try.
Thanks! So I will try everything else before doing this...

Old 11-21-2014, 02:59 AM

Hello all,

I have 2 questions:

1/ "Disk system" needed if new SSD HDD?
I ordered a new SSD HDD : "Transcend TS64GPSD330 Disque Flash SSD interne Portable 2,5" 64 Go"
I shall receive it today. I read that I would need a special "disk system"to run MMCS. How can I find this "disk system?"

2/ Creation of partitions:
if I create the various partitions connecting the SSD through USB to a Windows PC and copy files from the original drive, will this be enough? Any special action needed like when you create a bootable disk under windows?

Thanks in advance for your answers and have a nice day!

Sabine

Old 11-21-2014, 03:14 PM
Angry A good news this morning. A bad new this evening…

So... I received today my SSD HDD : "Transcend TS64GPSD330 Disque Flash PATA SSD interne Portable 2,5" 64 Go"

As I was still unable to make an ISO of MY unlocked original Toshiba HDD (but should be solved this week-end) but only able to make a copy of it onto the HDD of my computer with Windows, I created the 6 partitions with the sizes mentioned in another thread on my new PATA SSD HDD. Then I copied with Windows the files of my Toshiba HDD where they had to be put on the new SSD HDD.

Even if I was quite sure it would not work, I then tried to put this new HDD into my MMCS. But no reaction… Even any error message. Only Citroen logo and nothing more.

And then... when putting this new SSD HDD by USB back into three different computers, no reaction… no detection… I fear it died!!!

=> Any idea from what happened / what can be done?

And probably a stupid question: Should a copy with Windows can run or do I really need to make an ISO file into the new HDD?

Moreover, I found this thread: https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mi...an-maps-39222/
So considering this in this thread: “4. The transcend drive was then placed back in the MMCS AFTER REMOUVING A CONNECTOR THAT SHORTED THE EXTRA FOUR PINS OF THE DRIVE (slve/master)!!!! DON'T MISS THIS AS IT SEEMS THAT MMCS USES ALL 44 PINS!!! OTHERWISE THE DRIVE WILL NOT CONNECT PROPERLY AND MOST PROBABLY WILL BE DAMAGED!!! »
=> Is there a link why my new HDD is no more recognized?
I’m really surprised if so, because thousands of people tried to solve their problems with new HDDs but nobody talked about this warning except “DoctorC” (unless I am mistaken).

Another possibility would be that my IDE/USB connector has a problem? I read in another thread that someone burned 3 HDD because of a defective connector…

What are your thoughts?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Sabine

Old 11-21-2014, 04:11 PM
HJB

Sounds Yuk. All your HDD Pins coming out intact and straight?
Other than that sounds like your unit is shorting but hope you work it out.
I'm off line for a few days so good luck.
By the way just make an image file of drive doesn't have to be iso. e.g .tib for Acronis.

Quick Reply: MMCS : Error message