Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

How to unlock MMCS

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 11:41 AM

Wow, this is a lot of steps for someone who is not a computer guy. Is there anyone in San Diego who is willingt to assist me in the evolution?

Old 01-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Default Help !!!!

Hi Guys !
I have a serious problem with my MMCS.
Following this thread in July 2011 I have replaced with success my TOSHIBA 30GB HDD with a Fujitsu 60Gb with new maps 190 and DVD in motion!
Now I'm trying to replace the Fujitsu with a new SSD 32GB PATA but unfortunatelly doesn't works (INSERT PROGRAM DISK)!

So when i try to put back the Fujitsu nothing happen also with the original TOSHIBA I receive the same message INSERT PROGRAM DISK ( I think the original disk is dead I put it in a USB external case and the disk doesn't start).

I think this time I have coldboot the system, I have removed the battery for some hours.

Another strange thinks all the hard disk are unlocked and still remain unlocked when I put/remove it from the MMCS.

It's possible that the connectors are damaged .....

Next week I'm tryng to solve with my mitsubishi dealer ....

Old 01-09-2012, 09:54 PM

i am thinking of getting a small suv, just like a mitsubishi rvr, nissan rogue or honda crv. as i am making a comparison, mitsubishi is most likely my choice. do you think the mitsubishi rvr 2.0 liter engine would perform better in fwd?

Old 01-10-2012, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by aalisant
Hi Guys !
I have a serious problem with my MMCS.
Following this thread in July 2011 I have replaced with success my TOSHIBA 30GB HDD with a Fujitsu 60Gb with new maps 190 and DVD in motion!
Now I'm trying to replace the Fujitsu with a new SSD 32GB PATA but unfortunatelly doesn't works (INSERT PROGRAM DISK)!

So when i try to put back the Fujitsu nothing happen also with the original TOSHIBA I receive the same message INSERT PROGRAM DISK
I found one guy with that, exactly the same problem INSERT PROGRAM DISK. Noone of my working HDD's wanted to install inside MMCS, always only on screen: INSERT PROGRAM DISK
I put it in a USB external case and the disk doesn't start).
It looks like HDD is probably locked, try to unlock them. If HDD is lock then doesn't start conected by USB to PC
I think this time I have coldboot the system, I have removed the battery for some hours.
Coldboot is always after few minutes, You don't need to wait any hours, I found coldboot after 5-10 minutes. After installing other HDD's coldboot has been done or not ?
Another strange thinks all the hard disk are unlocked and still remain unlocked when I put/remove it from the MMCS.It's possible that the connectors are damaged .....
Can be, You can have a look inside and visually inspect them, but I'm afraid to damage of internal MMCS HDD IDE bus controler. Another reason of that is uncompatible type of HDD, but You tryied to use original Toshiba
HDD's are not locked because MMCS system didn't start
Next week I'm trying to solve with my mitsubishi dealer ....
Wow, it will cost You, all what Mitsu probably will do, then replace MMCS. Try to install another working in other MMCS for 100% HDD. If You don't notice success then MMCS is damaged. I'm particulary interesting to investigate what happened

Last edited by WiValdiBB; 01-10-2012 at 04:38 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:10 AM
Default Thanks

Hi WiValdiBB,

I'm trying to solve the problem before to go in mitsubishi.

Some strange things:

My MMCS don't read the HDD it's my conclusion ..... because I used differents disks:

The original disk TOSHIBA (I know that when is locked i can't view the partition but i don't see it in the BIOS) the problem is that the electrical mechanism of disk doesn't start, the other locked disk fujitsu 60GB starts and I can see it from Bios of my desktop.

When I have unlocked the original toshiba (I'm using same cd and same desktop pc), the unlocked works fine! Now when I try to unlock the toshiba the disk are not present and for the fujitsu (visible in the bios) I receive this message HDIO_DRIVE_CMD(identify) failed

Any HDD have different password?? So if yes How I can discover the password for my fujitsu MHT2060AH PL.

Now I'm using another IDE 40 GB travelstar IC25N040ATMR04-0;

Question:
1) If the disk aren't unlocked the MMCS see it?
2) If I put a cd with the original LOADING.KWI & ALLDATA.KWI do you think i can solved the coldboot problems?
3) My car is a pajero 2009 I hope the warranty covered the intervention!

Thanks in advance

Old 01-10-2012, 06:14 AM
Default Still does'nt works

Hi all,

sorry for this new reply ...

I have tried with the DVD in motion CD the same that i have used in the past to unlock my MMCS.

Now with the orginal TOSHIBA I receive this message:

PROGRAM WRITING ERROR

is the same message if no HDD are present ... my conclusion the TOSHIBA is dead.

With the other HDD fujitsu 60Gb e Hitachi 40GB i receive this message
HDD NOT WORKING ....

So my conclusion the GHOST image that I have used on Hitachi & SSD disk doesn't works ... this is very strange because this image is the same taken from the original TOSHIBA with the 6 partitions ....
To create this image I have used norton ghost 8 in dos mode and norton ghost32 ver 11.5 to clone the Hitachi and the SSD.

Concerning ghost any time I try to clone a new bigger disk, the ghost suggest to me to change the size of any partition ... I keep the same partition structure for the first 5 partitions and I increase the last partiton to the maxium size (music server) .... it's correct?
Also ghost change the FAT of partition HHD2 (empty) from FAT32 to FAT ... After cloning I'm reformat this to FAT32 ... to keep the structure all FAT32.

I don't understand why the fujitsu (I don't have modify nothing on it) before to put the SSD in the car was working and now doesn't works!

I have also buyed a new 40GB Toshiba disk MK4036GAC i'm waiting this to try the last attemp...

Bye
Bye

Old 01-11-2012, 03:37 AM

Hi WiValdiBB,

I'm trying to solve the problem before to go in mitsubishi.

Some strange things:

My MMCS don't read the HDD it's my conclusion ..... because I used differents disks:

The original disk TOSHIBA (I know that when is locked i can't view the partition but i don't see it in the BIOS) the problem is that the electrical mechanism of disk doesn't start, the other locked disk fujitsu 60GB starts and I can see it from Bios of my desktop.

When I have unlocked the original toshiba (I'm using same cd and same desktop pc), the unlocked works fine! Now when I try to unlock the toshiba the disk are not present and for the fujitsu (visible in the bios) I receive this message HDIO_DRIVE_CMD(identify) failed
Yes, it looks like damaged HDD, I have nearly the same damaged original TOSHIBA 30 GB MMCS HDD
Any HDD have different password?? So if yes How I can discover the password for my fujitsu MHT2060AH PL.
Recorded in HDD password is always the same, password depends from MMCS version EM, UM, RM, JM are little different
Now I'm using another IDE 40 GB travelstar IC25N040ATMR04-0;
IC25N didn't work by me, INVALID DISK on MMCS screen after coldboot
Question:
1) If the disk aren't unlocked the MMCS see it?
Yes, I have HDD with disabled password recording (I used some MHDD special options), so I don't have to unlock HDD everytime, nice
2) If I put a cd with the original LOADING.KWI & ALLDATA.KWI do you think i can solved the coldboot problems?
IF HDD is properly recognized by MMCS then system files from CD should unpack and install on HDD MMCS system partion (the same way Mitsu is doing MMCS system software upgrade (loading.kwi and alldata.kwi contain Map upgrade DVD's)
3) My car is a pajero 2009 I hope the warranty covered the intervention!
It depence from Your dealer, if You have good, nice relation You can try, You can play blondie which doesn't know anything what happened . I know some peoples from Mitsu service department too If Mitsu detect Yours HDD changes You can lose warranty for MMCS or electrical parts of car

Old 01-11-2012, 04:02 AM

Hi all,
sorry for this new reply ...
no problem, it's forum
I have tried with the DVD in motion CD the same that i have used in the past to unlock my MMCS.
Now with the orginal TOSHIBA I receive this message:
PROGRAM WRITING ERROR
is the same message if no HDD are present ... my conclusion the TOSHIBA is dead.
With the other HDD fujitsu 60Gb e Hitachi 40GB i receive this message
HDD NOT WORKING ....
So my conclusion the GHOST image that I have used on Hitachi & SSD disk doesn't works ... this is very strange because this image is the same taken from the original TOSHIBA with the 6 partitions ....
Ghost for MMCS is not the best, I used him too sometimes with success sometimes not
To create this image I have used norton ghost 8 in dos mode and norton ghost32 ver 11.5 to clone the Hitachi and the SSD.

Concerning ghost any time I try to clone a new bigger disk, the ghost suggest to me to change the size of any partition ... I keep the same partition structure for the first 5 partitions and I increase the last partiton to the maxium size (music server) .... it's correct?
Also ghost change the FAT of partition HHD2 (empty) from FAT32 to FAT ... After cloning I'm reformat this to FAT32 ... to keep the structure all FAT32.
The best cloning working always fine by me is DiskCopy, but he doesn't craete image, he is just copying HDD's
I don't understand why the fujitsu (I don't have modify nothing on it) before to put the SSD in the car was working and now doesn't works!
I don't understand and don't know too
I have also buyed a new 40GB Toshiba disk MK4036GAC i'm waiting this to try the last attemp...
GAC are expensive and difficult to buy, have a look for GAX or GAS, they all are working fine

Old 01-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Default It works!!!!

So after one week of nightmares I have solved the problems!
First my fu** adapter ide 2.5 to 3.5 was broke and the result 3 HD burned also the toshiba 30GB original.
My ghost 8.0 image works with ghost32 11.5 via USB with an external IDE case.
I must change manually the fat of HDD2 partion from FAT16 to FAT32 after ghosting the disk.
This HD doesn't works:
- IBM travelstar 30 & 40 GB: IC25N0**ATCS04 model (**=30 or 40)
- Hitachi 80GB HTS541680J9T00

I have used this HD TOSHIBA MK4036GAC :
NEW Toshiba 40GB 2.5" Laptop Hard Drive MK4036GAC | eBay

The price is not so higher for this kind of HD...

Thanks!

Old 01-12-2012, 03:07 PM

That price for a GAC is very good! Here in Italy they are far more expensive...

So , Wivaldibb , what's your best choice between GAS and GAX available alternatives? And size for better speed? (one round in a 30GB disk is putting out less data than a 120GB same round) Give us the Light!

M.

Quick Reply: How to unlock MMCS