Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

MMCS Feature Requests

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Default RE: MMCS Feature Requests

Hi guys

Thanks for the great job you are doing here with MMCS. As it was mentioned in other posts Mitsu navi system does not cover Central and Eastern Europe. I remember that in other thread somebody mentioned that these maps are already available from Navteq for Land Rover. You can download them from there. Unfortunately I can't find information if they are compatible with SH4. I'm sure you will know it by looking at the list of compatible navi systems.
It would be great to have these maps in MMCS - at the moment all Outlanders (well, most of them) imported from US to Central Europe have their navi useless due to lack of proper maps. Shame...

Old 05-31-2008, 12:58 AM

ORIGINAL: brian360

The MMCS only has so many inputs... I'd say for the thermal camera, the simplest short-term solution is to just use the AUX inputs. Once the AUX-In-motion patch is released, you would just switch to it to view that camera. The only downside is, as you said, if you wanted AUX for something else (unless that something else is an iPod or mp3 player or somthing where you don't need video). The only downside to switching to AUX is you'll lose audio from Sirius or the music server while viewing it...
@brian360
Thanks for the info, as you said if I use the AUX button, I will loose my Radio or whatever I want to listen to while driving .
When I'm driving with the Thermal Camera on at night time, it would be boring to drive without any music.

So I guess we must create a new button on the MMCS which will allow me/us to listen to Radio or what ever and at the same time I want to be able to see the Thermal Camera image at the MMCS.....

Is this possible thru the MMCS ???

Old 05-31-2008, 03:39 AM

ORIGINAL: Doublecheese

ORIGINAL: brian360

The MMCS only has so many inputs... I'd say for the thermal camera, the simplest short-term solution is to just use the AUX inputs. Once the AUX-In-motion patch is released, you would just switch to it to view that camera. The only downside is, as you said, if you wanted AUX for something else (unless that something else is an iPod or mp3 player or somthing where you don't need video). The only downside to switching to AUX is you'll lose audio from Sirius or the music server while viewing it...
@brian360
Thanks for the info, as you said if I use the AUX button, I will loose my Radio or whatever I want to listen to while driving .
When I'm driving with the Thermal Camera on at night time, it would be boring to drive without any music.

So I guess we must create a new button on the MMCS which will allow me/us to listen to Radio or what ever and at the same time I want to be able to see the Thermal Camera image at the MMCS.....

Is this possible thru the MMCS ???
You could use AUX in sound pins (left and right) to and Video pin for FLIR camera...
May I ask what is the price for your automotive FLIR camera ? Is it a PathFindIR ?

Old 05-31-2008, 06:48 AM

Hrmm..
Probably not, but : Is anyone in here from N.Ireland ?
I'd like to have a shuftie at a working system.
O.

Old 05-31-2008, 03:50 PM

ORIGINAL: rcostin

You could use AUX in sound pins (left and right) to and Video pin for FLIR camera...
May I ask what is the price for your automotive FLIR camera ? Is it a PathFindIR ?
Here is the trick, if I use the AUX I will not be able to listen to my radio or the music server or what ever. So I must find another way to do this.

Yes,
I'm after the FLIR PathfindIR , I have spoken with our Local Flir shop and they will speak to FLIR USA for a DEMO unit with a good price, if we can't get a good price I have a friend in Canada who's into Thermal Cameras, he'll help me get one anyway. The price should be around 3000-4000Dollars I guess.

Old 05-31-2008, 04:07 PM

Got it now.
I am thinking that as long as the input for rear camera is activated while the music is playing maybe you can activate the AUX from software and select only the video component. But this is a job where Sensei Otaku can help. If it doesn't work (the AUX port can not be activated separately - video and audio) the I'm afraid you have to use wires and switches to connect as a fake rear camera (I hate altering the OEM harness)...

About FLIR camerea, is a little expensive, I was thinking about an maybe some sort of 0lux camera.

All the best
C.

Old 05-31-2008, 05:02 PM

rcostin, Otaku, Brian360 and the others . your answers and helps are really appreciated.

The only possibility seems like we must make a modification on the AUX button or we must create a new button on the below screen.

BY the way I realised that I don't have abuilt inRCA AUX sockets, I asked the Mitsbubishi Distributor and they said that they didn't import any with RCA AUX sockets as they thought it was something "UNNECESSARY"
Check the picture , normally it should have been there :

Another question, even if you guys are able to create a new button or somehow modify the AUX button, is there enoughFREE SOCKETSat the back of the MMCS unit?

However since my Car is a "Pajero" the readings on: Average Fuel, Temp, Barometer, Compass, Air Conditioning, Phone, Elevation, Date, GraphsareNOT SHOWN on the MMCS, those information is shown on a seperate units above and below the MMCS :
Like this : So maybe I think that there are still enough Free Sockets to plug up my Thermal Camera to the MMCS

Please guys try to come up with a solution for this. If you guys think that I have no chance I'm thinking of something else.

Check this picture , on the bottom left side of thepicture there is a Non-Used button there:

Close Up: 2nd on on the right

If there is no chance I plan to add there a switch. Thisswitch will also look almost Original and I will turn on and off whenever I press the switches.

However when I connect the thermal camera to this switch will my radio still work like the wayREAR View Camera works? when I'm on Reverse the MMCS screen changes to Rear Camera but the music still plays at the background.

If this is our only way, how should I wire the Thermal Camera that it shows on the MMCS screen ???

I'm sorry for Too many questions guys
Thanks

Old 05-31-2008, 05:58 PM

It will be possible to add RDS to our MMCS and the possibility of edit names to the radio stations? They are options that are seen in the images that it publishes Doublecheese in picture 3. . .

[IMG]local://upfiles/14050/A475ACAE76A04368ADB576A14A49A1B5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-01-2008, 05:03 AM

Doublecheese:
I attached a possible wiring diagram. The red color represent the actual cabling. The blue color is what you will need to add. You will alse need a double switch.

jsrd:
The MMCS unit has already RDS capabilities.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13524/323BA578AD18425AA3FD9D34C0E8EDAA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-01-2008, 05:10 AM

rcostin, my MMCS USA-market no show RDS. Tomorrow I will take a picture to show this situation. . .

Quick Reply: MMCS Feature Requests