Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

MMCS Feature Requests

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 06:18 AM
Default RE: MMCS Feature Requests

ORIGINAL: rcostin

ORIGINAL: Doublecheese

Thanks rcostin
Since I'm not a very good wiring diagram reader, I will showthis to my electrician and let's see if it makes sense to him.
But If I understood you correctly, your wiring diagram shows what has to be done if I have to use the Empty Button in my car, in other words I have to use this method is Otaku orsomeone elsecan not come up with a solution on the MMCS Aux button or if they can not create a new button on the MMCS isn't it ?
Yes, the diagram is a 'hardwired' solution in case that MMCS does not accept a partial AUX activation.
For the software solution Otaku will check the code and hopefully will find a way [sm=signs003.gif].
Thanks rcostin
Fingers crossed ,
Otaku hopefully you will come up with a solution.

Old 06-02-2008, 04:17 PM

Brian360, Otaku, Rcostin, all my respect for the job you have done , it's amazing.

I'm wondering if one day we will be able to add a usb support to copy mp3 file to the music server it's a quite interesting challenge that involve hw & sw.
What do you think about that?

Old 06-04-2008, 07:16 AM

Regarding my thermal Camera project....

I'm still waiting for the price from Flir USA for the PathfindIR Thermal Camera.

In the mean time, I have a newidea about the connecting this camera to the MMCS screen.

We always thought of connecting the Front Thermal Camera thru the AUX button or any other button that OTAKUmay create

How about conneting my Rear Cam to "AUX in" of the MMCS, so when put the gear in to "R" Camera would work again like normal, I know this AUX IN connection would turn off my Radio volume anyway, but who needs Radio Volume when backing up, I think I can live with that..... Than I can use the socket for the rear camera for my Thermal Front Camera , therefore while watching the Thermal Camera images I will be able to hear the Radio anyway..........

Does this make sense guys ?
Regards
DC.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:05 AM

Regarding my thermal Camera project....

I'm still waiting for the price from Flir USA for the PathfindIR Thermal Camera.

In the mean time, I have a newidea about the connecting this camera to the MMCS screen.

We always thought of connecting the Front Thermal Camera thru the AUX button or any other button that OTAKUmay create

How about conneting my Rear Cam to "AUX in" of the MMCS, so when put the gear in to "R" Camera would work again like normal, I know this AUX IN connection would turn off my Radio volume anyway, but who needs Radio Volume when backing up, I think I can live with that..... Than I can use the socket for the rear camera for my Thermal Front Camera , therefore while watching the Thermal Camera images I will be able to hear the Radio anyway..........

Does this make sense guys ?
Regards
DC.
Keep in mind that when IR camera will be selected, nothing else will be available on screen, so you will need two buttons: one to activate the real rear camera, and one for IR camera when running forward. Look a little bit more complicated, to me...

Old 06-04-2008, 08:10 AM

I meant that , The rear Camera will be connected to AUX IN, so it's previous SOCKET will be empty.

I will use that previous socket to activate the Front Camera. So the MMCS will think it's showing the Rear Camera but actually it will be showing the Front Camera.

And to achieve this I will use the switch on the car somewhere, so when I press this switch it will automatically show the front camera, and the music from MMCS will be heard.

However the rear cam will be connected to AUX IN socket, but I will not be able to hear any music when I'm reversing

Do you get what I mean ?

Old 06-04-2008, 12:57 PM

I understood, but you still need to select AUX manually when go back if yu want to use camera.
In my diagram, you can use an electronic switch instead of the manual one (see http://www.doctronics.co.uk/4016.htm). With some help from an electronist, everithing can be transparent to you. You may still need a button to manually switch off the IR camera in daylight.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:57 AM

Oh, now I know what you meant, you're right I must switch to AUX when I'm in reverse. Yes this kind of stupid .
I'll use your method I guess because I don't have any news from otaku.

Thanks for the electronic switch, I will show it my electronical guy.

DC

Old 06-05-2008, 02:21 AM

Oh, now I know what you meant, you're right I must switch to AUX when I'm in reverse. Yes this kind of stupid .
I'll use your method I guess because I don't have any news from otaku.

Thanks for the electronic switch, I will show it my electronical guy.

DC
As long as you will still need the button, try to keep it simple (thus eliminates some resistors and power supply circuit for the electronic switch itself). Do not use electronic switch if you don't really need it. Use one multiple switch which will do the job.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:23 AM

I like the idea of a thermal camera but the costsare out of my budget.
Prices are starting at 3,350 €

Old 06-05-2008, 02:13 PM

Is it possible to change the Nav-woman's voice to something a little more steamy?

Quick Reply: MMCS Feature Requests