Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

MMCS Feature Requests

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 05:24 AM
Default RE: MMCS Feature Requests

ORIGINAL: jsrd

rcostin, my MMCS USA-market no show RDS. Tomorrow I will take a picture to show this situation. . .
Ooops.. Didn't know that ... What a shame [:@]

Old 06-01-2008, 06:18 AM

ORIGINAL: rcostin

Doublecheese:
I attached a possible wiring diagram. The red color represent the actual cabling. The blue color is what you will need to add. You will alse need a double switch.

jsrd:
The MMCS unit has already RDS capabilities.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13524/323BA578AD18425AA3FD9D34C0E8EDAA.jpg[/IMG]
Thanks rcostin
Since I'm not a very good wiring diagram reader, I will showthis to my electrician and let's see if it makes sense to him.
But If I understood you correctly, your wiring diagram shows what has to be done if I have to use the Empty Button in my car, in other words I have to use this method is Otaku orsomeone elsecan not come up with a solution on the MMCS Aux button or if they can not create a new button on the MMCS isn't it ?

Old 06-01-2008, 07:03 AM

ORIGINAL: darek_u

Hi guys

Thanks for the great job you are doing here with MMCS. As it was mentioned in other posts Mitsu navi system does not cover Central and Eastern Europe. I remember that in other thread somebody mentioned that these maps are already available from Navteq for Land Rover. You can download them from there. Unfortunately I can't find information if they are compatible with SH4. I'm sure you will know it by looking at the list of compatible navi systems.
It would be great to have these maps in MMCS - at the moment all Outlanders (well, most of them) imported from US to Central Europe have their navi useless due to lack of proper maps. Shame...
Hmm..
I cba downloading from rapidshare - If you can put the maps on some server for a single file download , I'll have a shuftie.
O.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:03 AM

Feh..
Double-tap replies FTL.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:25 AM

I will do this, no problem, however this may take some time - I'm away from home and internet connection I'm using now is VERY slow. As soon as it's ready I will send you a link. In theworst case scenario I can burn DVD at home and post it to you if you don't mind. I'm reallyset onhaving these maps available in my navi systemand I guess a lot of other US Outlander users from Europe are too...

BTW lack of RDS in US version as jsrd mentioned before - mine doesn't have it too. Does anybody know if US MMCS does not have this fearure at all or it is not compatible with EU format or it is something else?

Old 06-01-2008, 10:13 AM

darek_u, when I bought my Out, it had the radio with CD to charger and RDS; I updated to the MMCS, and not had it function. I believe that for the American market, Mitsubishi decided not to include this capacity, and to be thus, the interesting thing is to see if there is some possibility of "unlocked" it. . . RDS is a service that YES exists in America. . .

Old 06-01-2008, 02:09 PM

Question is if this is a hardware or software problem. Let's hope it's just 'locked' and can be enabled.

Old 06-01-2008, 05:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Doublecheese

Thanks rcostin
Since I'm not a very good wiring diagram reader, I will showthis to my electrician and let's see if it makes sense to him.
But If I understood you correctly, your wiring diagram shows what has to be done if I have to use the Empty Button in my car, in other words I have to use this method is Otaku orsomeone elsecan not come up with a solution on the MMCS Aux button or if they can not create a new button on the MMCS isn't it ?
Yes, the diagram is a 'hardwired' solution in case that MMCS does not accept a partial AUX activation.
For the software solution Otaku will check the code and hopefully will find a way [sm=signs003.gif].

Old 06-01-2008, 09:50 PM

I am sooo jealous of the Pajero now!!

What is RDS??

Old 06-01-2008, 10:33 PM

RDS is radio data system - it can be used to display a number of text strings, whether it be the current song playing, the artist, the album, the radio station and its corresponding name, a phone number...

it's a lot like the sirius info it shows you, but for FM stations

Quick Reply: MMCS Feature Requests