Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

MMCS Lost Music Server

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Default MMCS Lost Music Server

Greetings,

I have the US version of the MMCS with all the forum upgrades. The newest gracenote and the DVD unlock. All work well. Today I decided to remove music that was automatically added to the Music Server provided by my kids. So I followed steps 1-3 on page 7-8 of the MMCS book for 2007 units. Step three gives you the choice of "delete all" which I figured was easiest as I have the original CD's of the music I want on the server. The unit deleted then reset from start, the music server is now dark, the "Original" folder and the "My Best" folder are gone. There are now no folders in the Music Server. With the dark screen I cannot use the ^ key nor any other functions in the server, all I get is beeps. Anyone got ideas? Did I erase the whole server program? Someone got a fix?

Old 10-19-2008, 07:20 PM
Default RE: MMCS Lost Music Server

Is it possible that is just how the music server behaves when there is no ripped music to play? Try ripping a CD and see if it starts to work.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:00 PM

More,

I burned a CD of 38 MP3's and played it, in the past the music server picked right up on the CD and added it to the playlist. I played the CD while taking a 45 minute drive, no luck. I can take a store bought CD and give that a try. The book said someplace that the "original" and "my best" folders could not be deleted. The book is wrong. I was wondering if one of the upgrades I happily installed left a door open and I found it.

Off to play a factory CD.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:12 PM

Right, you have to use a factory CD. The Music Server does not rip MP3 cds. I think the "original" and "my best" folders are gone because you deleted all your other music, so of course original and my best have nothing to show. They will probably reappear once you rip an original music cd.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:42 PM

Interesting. I took a Santana CD and played it, the Gracenote picked it up and voila, both folders came back and recorded the CD with title. Now the interesting part, all the MP3's I burned play fine on the CD but the server doesn't record. Is this because I used untitled (volume label) during the burn process? Could it be because I use a third party internet site to download music? All the Artist names and song titles are listed.

Thanks for the reply Brian, it helped.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:20 AM

As I said earlier, the music server will not record mp3 cds, only normal audio cds (the kind where you're limited to 80 minutes). Reburn your CD as a normal audio CD and the music server will record it. If you want track names, make sure you burn your normal audio CD with "CD-TEXT" (most software should do this for you).

Old 10-20-2008, 03:06 PM

Yes you deleted all the saved music that was stored under the Music Server. Since there is nothing in there now, the button is "greyed" out. And as you described yes, once you rip more music into the Server the button then becomes available.

And yes, it will not rip mp3's...