Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

MMCS Sat Nav Voice Guidance

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 05:31 AM
Default MMCS Sat Nav Voice Guidance

Hi,
Have just taken delivery of my new Outlander with MMCS system. Am having problems turning off the voice guidance on a permanent basis. I could do this on my previous Outlander but now it seems I can only turn it off each time I start a new navigation. Have tried setting / muting in the settings screens which works, until you stop for a break / refuel etc.When you start up again after being switched off then the voice guidance automatically starts again. Majority of the time I don't want the turn by turn directions just need to map for reference. Any ideas?

Thanks

Old 01-17-2018, 08:41 AM

As they say, RTFM. I found the option so thought I would post in case anybody else needs to find it.

It's under Info/Set ---> Settings ---> Navigation Settings ---> Route Guidance Frequency and set it to "None"

Now have to work on the other "Guidance System" in the car that tells me where she thinks I should be going and even questions the in-built system with a "I wouldn't come this way" comment. Suppose I could always leave that one at home.

Old 01-04-2020, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Andy9164
As they say, RTFM. I found the option so thought I would post in case anybody else needs to find it.

It's under Info/Set ---> Settings ---> Navigation Settings ---> Route Guidance Frequency and set it to "None"

Now have to work on the other "Guidance System" in the car that tells me where she thinks I should be going and even questions the in-built system with a "I wouldn't come this way" comment. Suppose I could always leave that one at home.
I am the owner of one of these cars and your information worked perfectly except for one thing. When you follow all these steps it leads you to other options. The frequency option is in the "guidance options"