Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Aussie Outlander 08 with MMCS - no voice dial..?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 07:42 AM
Default Aussie Outlander 08 with MMCS - no voice dial..?

Hi all,
new to site in terms of writing ..done plenty of researching here before purchasing..so I have an Australian 08 2.4L with the lot..roof, RFgate, leather etc and added the Aussie MMCS [I believe a Kenwood build] by the dealer as a dealer fit option...have had lots of fun with the systems in the car BUT..can get voice activation with GPS 'zoom in'..'zoom out'....'Home!!'... but reading MMCS book plus Mitsui owners book..the std Parrot Bluetooth system;'s function I believe should be now handled via the MMCS..

I can scroll manually thru the phone book [BT'dinto the MMCS] can dial via MMCS touch screen, BT activated on the phone, etc..BUT I cannot get the system to voice dial..all 'she says' is Pardon..!! or she says .."this function is not available in this menu"

Have I missed something..??

Regards

Dave Down Under

Old 07-20-2008, 06:11 AM
Default RE: Aussie Outlander 08 with MMCS - no voice dial..?

Further ? does the UK and US editions with 30G MMCS music server system still enable BT phone voice dailling with the MMCS GPS voice command...???

Thanks DaveDownUnder

Old 02-15-2011, 11:50 PM

Hi audave,

Not sure if you're still writing on here but I've just bought an Outlander and I have the same voice recognition issues as yourself. Keeps saying "pardon.." or "this command is not available in this menu." ..

Wonder if you managed to get it sorted? Cheers..

Old 11-02-2011, 04:40 AM

Just joined up and researching the MMCS.... mine says 'pardon' and 'not available in this menu' when trying out voice command too.

Old 11-03-2011, 02:02 AM

wow - after all this time someone finally comes along to answer this question

The answer is simple - the MMCS doesnt function this way - it only handles voice recognition GPS guidance - it doesnt support bluetooth voice recognition - unfortunately - if you want bluetooth voice recognition, you have to go back the the standard 6 stacker CD player

Old 11-04-2011, 08:49 AM

Interesting, the US version only does voice command for the phone, not the nav. Go figure.

Well, at least that's all I've gotten it to do.