Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Voice Command not starting when in audio mode Ipod/USB

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 11:10 AM
Angry Voice Command not starting when in audio mode Ipod/USB

I hope someone has an idea why is this happening. I got my new Outlander sport in July 2011 and is fully loaded with navigation, back up camera, HDD, etc... When I'm playing songs from my iPod, which is connected by USB, when I press the voice command button the music stops and I see the screen changing to the voice command and then goes right back to the song list and the song that was playing. This happens randomly. Sometimes I have to keep pressing the button 10 times to get the voice command to say "ready". I already unpaired and paired back my phone sevaral times. When I brought my car to the first oil change the dealership gave me a 1800 number to call to troubleshoot and get a reference number before they touch anything. I called them and after 2 or so hours on the phone they could not give me a solution. Now they want me to go back to the dealership and have my usb port checked, and they could not give me a reference number because they never had this problem reported. Now I'm stuck in the back and forth and everytime I have to go to the dealership is a 50 min trip not counting the traffic, tolls and gas. If anyone had this problem before and have a solution or someone that probably knows how to fix this please let me know....

Thanks

Old 10-03-2012, 02:11 PM

I am having the exact same issues and not using an ipod just a thumb drive in the usb and bluetooth connection to the phone. I disable the phone and tried it and still does it. Never tried it taking out the thumb drive yet though.