Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Mods to improve traction?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2022, 08:13 PM
Default Mods to improve traction?

Hi All,

Has anyone installed a difflock, lunchbox locker, Aussie locker, etc in the rear carrier of their Outlanders (mine is a 2007)? The reason Im asking is because I got stuck retrieving my 5m boat this weekend on the beach and had to get pulled out. The 4WD was set to 4WD Lock. I've retrieved the boat a few times on this beach, but the sand felt softer this time and the wheels could not get traction. I'm confident if I could lock the rear wheels it would have been out without any issues.
I've seen on some Russian sites and youtube videos that they've done it , but I am unable to find enough information to source the correct locker. I've managed to figure out that the rear carrier has 23 splines and the inner CV is a 26x35x23. But that still left me pretty much in the dark. What carrier is used in the Outlander read diff? Dana or something else? I could only find this one seller on Ebay selling the below locker, but since he is in Russia, he seems to have been blocked.
OR, is there a way to improve the electronic traction control to react quicker once a wheel spins in sand, are there settings in the ETACS or some other ECU that would let it brake the spinning wheel quicker to regain traction?

Thanks