Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.
View Poll Results: A poll
Short Ram Intake- $149
42.11%
X bar front strut brace- very minor mod( yes one)$139
5.26%
Straight strut bar- NO mods necessary$79
15.79%
Underdrive pulley/ belt $129
5.26%
Piggyback/ software $459
10.53%
Axxis Deluxe brake pads $79
0%
Ported intake manifold $359 plus $200 core
21.05%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Which mods would you be most likely to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 03:04 PM
Default Which mods would you be most likely to buy?

I visited Road Race Motorsports this past Friday finally and have a list of some products that I like. The only product not currently sold is the product I want to buy....the straight strut bar. If I can find enough people interested, they will make them for us in red or silver. PM me if you're into that or any of the other goodies.
The x strut bar will require the brake fluid reservoir be moved about 3/4 to 1" away from the firewall...that's it. The straight bar is just that, a straight bar that braces from the two strut bolts furthest from the firewall. The rest of the items are on their website(www.roadracemotorsports.com) so you can get a description. The piggyback at this point is a self tune, you need a laptop and the ability to tune the vehicle, but, it does work. I went with the intention of buying one, we got the install and wiring down to a tee, but the tuning will take more time than I had to give after getting the wiring and install done with the documenting of where everything went. So for now, no piggyback for me as I would not be able to tune my own vehicle.

Old 04-23-2006, 07:08 PM
Default RE: Which mods would you be most likely to buy?

lol my wallet says I can only afford the straight strut or the brake pads...

but the whole thing looks like a decent buy for about 1k of cash... im thinking with the new intake mani a turbo/sc can be added easier?

Old 04-23-2006, 07:16 PM

If you seriously want the strut bar, let me know... I want to get it too, but again, need some more people so they can make some...surprise, surprise, they won't make just one. I picked up the underdrive pulley but didn't install yet, probably later this week I'll do that.
I don't think the new manifold will help the install of the turbo or s/c, but I would think it will maximize the gains in HP and TQ as the runners will be much better than the stock. I though about buying the manifold, but the install is not something I really have the time and patience for at this moment

Old 04-24-2006, 04:34 PM

I may be interested in the straight strut bar, if this will help decrease exessive body lean while cornering. Question, what is the difference between the straight strut and xbar strut bar?

Old 04-24-2006, 05:51 PM

The straight strut bar braces between two mounting points (two bolts) and the x bar will brace between six mounting points, I don't believe this one would brace the firewall as well as strut towers.( 3 bolts per tower= six bolts)
http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/
This is similar to the x bar. The straight bar will simply traverse the engine bay and mount in the front two bolts of the strut tower. It will help with the body flex, it will not however make your suspension tighter.

Old 04-25-2006, 11:13 AM

Thanks for the clarification, is the straight strut bar a self install? (simply removing the bolts on the strut tower and applying then retightning or should a mechanic do the work)

Old 04-25-2006, 07:32 PM

This is a self install....quick and easy.

Old 05-01-2006, 11:43 AM
JMC

Well...not so easy on the Outlander[:@]

Old 05-01-2006, 04:10 PM

why not so easy? For the prototype they had the bar ready to be tightened down in less than 5 minutes. The Xbar which requires slightly moving the brake fluid reservoir about an inch would still be a relatively easy install. You had to jack around with your whole master cylinder to install yours though right?

Old 06-20-2006, 01:15 AM

hey dirt,

count me in!!! though mexmr's bar is nice, (it looks like two of the bolts about the strut tower are used to secure the brackets for his) the straight bar is better than none and an easy install. what about a rear strut brace for the lancer fitting the outlander as well?

while i'm at it, did you ever hear from johntan about his rear sway bar in that 'other' forum? that would be a nice mod, if we could get our hands on it...!

Quick Reply: Which mods would you be most likely to buy?