Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Music Server questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 02:35 PM
Default Music Server questions

From a brand new White XLS with Nav owner some really basic questions about the music server that i just can't seem to grasp.
On page 7-2 of the multi-communication system manual it lists a number of ways to store music.
I cannot figure out the difference between the following

"Original" Group
"My Best" Group
"User Group"
"Original Playlist
"My favourites"
"My frequency"
"User playlist"
Are all these things basically the same ie. you put "tracks" into them and it is just a way for you to remember where certain things are or are there some other uses for them.
Please note that these questions come from someone who does not have any kind of ipod etc.so all is completely foreign and mysterious to me.( I know what a track is though)
Also although I have managed to add a few cd's to the system.......just put in the disk and it seems to copy it, how do I then separate them into the aforementioned groups, lists etc.

Hope someone can help here as I have so far spent a number of hours trying to figure it out with little success.

Thanks,

Yachtie

Old 05-31-2007, 05:49 PM
JMC
Default RE: Music Server questions

There all pretty much the same....load the songs on and then get them into a folder or playlist or whatever you want. The songs you load will be put in some sort of folder when you first rip them to the HD.