Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Nav Head Unit Pulled - NEW UPDATE with PICS

Old 04-29-2012, 03:50 AM

Hi all,

I have request for the people who have fitted the TV-Kit - what colour cable in the MMCS wiring loom was the pink wire on TV-Kit pass-through cable connected to?

I ask because the Australian MMCS in Outlander from 2011 has a different set of connectors in the back to the ones pictured in this thread, and the TV-Kit plug doesn't fit, as it's far larger than the all ones in my MMCS (Kenwood mxdz07amm2).

The TV-KIT has a passthrough multi-wire harness that grabs power from a red wire, and passes a pink wire to the TV-Kit box for switching. It also has a single-cable for a square connector that gets switched, and a separate negative ground cable.

I've successfully connected the red power and ground, and the single-connector square signal plug, and you can hear the TV-Kit click when you press the button, which lights up when pressed.

However, I've been unable to match the pink cable up to the correct cable in the MMCS hardness.

The TV-Kit pink cable that connects to the car wiring loom has two silver bands, and the pink one going to the back of the MMCS has a black stripe as well as the silver bands.

I've tried both of the pink cables that I can find on the MMCS sockets (one pure pink, one pink with silver bands), one-at-a-time, but neither of them appear to be the correct one, as the MMCS still refuses to allow inputs when moving, despite the TV-Kit being activated.

Last edited by spludge; 04-29-2012 at 03:55 AM.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:34 PM

Just curious, rdennis, do you still have Outlander?

Most likely Sirius is possible on Canadian Outlanders.
Here is mine:

I guess it just needs to be enabled.