Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Navi Unit and Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008 | 04:49 PM
Default Navi Unit and Bluetooth

I've read on a variety of posts about a "hidden" menu on the Navi unit that you can use to change certain default settings. I've got a Rockford head unit and the factory fitted rear system. . . .

Question 1 - is the replacement of the RF Head unit to the Navi unit a fairly painless operation?

Question 2 - my car does not have the factory, on-board Bluetooth kit. Is it available as a retro fit and, if so, is it also a fairly simple wire up?

Question 3 - According to my user manual, the car can be configured to auto-unlock the doors when placed in Park. My "dealer" says he can't do it. Is this done from within the car OR via an external interface?

Question 4 - Has anyone retro fitted the rear park-distance control?

Old 01-16-2008 | 12:27 PM
Default RE: Navi Unit and Bluetooth

First off, yes the Nav has a menu that allows you to change settings like: auto unlock in park, rear wiper, chirp when locked, lights flash when lock... etc

1) there is a kit that allows you to swap out the head unit and install the Nav, if you dont know much about head units and wiring, I would let the dealer do it. There are some people on here that have done it, they will be more help with install...

2) you can install the factory bluetooth as a kit: http://www.mitsuaccessories.com/Merc...ory_Code=OUT07
This will probably require taking apart the steering column... might want the dealer to handle this.

3) like I said above, with the nav there is a menu that can do all these changes. I changed the doors to unlock when put in park the 2nd day of having the Outtie. Its possible, but without the nav its a sequence (like a code) that can be done. The dealer can get the codes for this.

4) my US '07 didnt come with rear sensors, so I dont know if you can change this

Old 01-16-2008 | 10:16 PM
Default RE: Navi Unit and Bluetooth

ORIGINAL: WhiteAfrican

Question 1 - is the replacement of the RF Head unit to the Navi unit a fairly painless operation?
I itself replace the OEM radio/CD charge in my Outlander 2007, it is very simple; on having installed the MMCS, only it is necessary to use an additional harness that already comes preinstalado in the Outlander. I requested the dealer to change a code into the ETACS necessary in order that the Out was recognizing the MMCS. I have the manual of installation for the Outlander and the Lancer models 2007. Additional to the MMCS there comes in the package a kit of installation, which contains , CAN Box, GPS antenna, Bracket assy, bracket CAN box, new panel, harness, screws, and sticker.