Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Navigation Question: Go to destination out of Country

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 08:44 AM
Default Navigation Question: Go to destination out of Country

I live in New York state (USA) approx 70 miles from the Canadian border and plan to travel into Canada in the next few weeks. How do I input a destination in the Nav for Canada? I did play with the scroll pointer, moved the cross into Canada and it does show the destination (ie street address). So the maps are there

Is the only way to input a destination is to use the pointer or enter lat/long, or is there a way to use adress/intersection and tell the unit Canada???

Old 02-07-2010, 04:30 AM
Default Hi

I don't have the stock navigation so I wouldn't know. But from using regular gps devices like tomtom I think there should be an optoin where you can pick a different map for this instance it would be Canada.

So after you picked Canada you can then input the Canadian address like how u normally use it so you can navigate your way there.

Just play with it you probably find out.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:09 AM

I have a Magellan and that's what I did when I went down to NY as I live on the Canadian side. I changed the map to US and input my destination address and it work perfectly so I presume the Mitsu one should be configure the same!

Old 02-09-2010, 09:39 PM

Appreciate the responses but the stock nav does not have a way to change the country. Hard to believe!!!!
It does however have a pointer tool that allows you to move a cross hair across a scrolling map. I changed the scale to 15 miles and moved the cross across Lake Ontario to an area that I estimated to be Toronto. Once there I reduced the scale to 1/8 miles and got street name detail.
Another method that also worked was to use a website that allows you to enter an address and returns lat/long coordinates. The Nav allows me to enter those as well.

In the end, I was able to set in an address. Jut a crazy way to do it

Old 02-09-2010, 11:57 PM

So just entering the address doesn't work? Strange, I would think the NAV would pick it up as being anywhere on the preloaded maps regardless of country.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:19 AM

On the European unit when you do an address search the first criteria is country, you can change this to any country covered by the maps and then search just this country by road name, city or Zip code.