Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Need help installing fogs on 09' Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 09:33 AM
Cool Need help installing fogs on 09' Outlander

Okay - I have the 2009 Outie (same as the 07/08 models).
Mine is trimmed as the LS (one step down from the XLS).

Where the fogs are on the XLS - I have the plastic ribbed inserts.
It looks to me that I have to cut these out... I was also told I have to remove the front bumper to install - is that true?

Just looking to see if anyone on here has step-by-step process on installing fog lights on this vehicle.

Also would like to know about the small bulb inside the headlight assembly.
When you turn on your lights - there is a small bulb that comes on in the high beam section...when you switch to highs it goes out and the highs come on. I was thinking it would be cool to get a colored light for this to be on all the time when your highs are not.
Note: If you only have the Daytime running lights on - this small light is not on..only when you turn you lights on for night driving (which you'll notice the lights will brighten a tad).

Thanks for your comments in advance.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:54 PM

If you search through smoe previous threads, you'll find a few on installing foglights.
I did mine about a month ago. If you have the OEM kit then there are some instructions in there.
Yes you do have to remove the front bumper. It involves removing about 20-25 bolts and bumper clips. Once you have them all removed the bumper is a flimsy piece of plastic. (Which is a lot easier to put back on with 2 people.)
The whole kit install took me about 90mins. 80 mins was removing and installing the bumper.
Once its all put on, there is a process in the instructions to program the vehicle to recognize that you've given it some extra illumination. It didn't work for me, and i had to go to the dealer and get them to program it with a laptop for $40. Some people on this forum have had to procedure in the instructions work for them, so maybe you'll have more luck than I did.

That little bulb in the headlights is just a #194 bulb which should be available in a variety of colours.

Hope this helps you out a little