Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Need to install DRLs. 2018 Outlander Sport ES

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2020, 06:26 PM
Default Need to install DRLs. 2018 Outlander Sport ES

My basic Outlander doesn't have them. I'll be moving to Canada and DRLs are a requirement. Is there any easy way to do this?

Old 08-17-2020, 09:45 PM

This can be fixed with ETACS programming. DRL is not enabled in the US market. Depending on which model trim you have you have different options.The dealer can do it for a fee with MUT III. Alternatively, you can try to find someone in your area, who has either a Diagbox/Actia or ETACS Decoder/VCI software/hardware pairs and have experience with those. Few years ago these ETACS programming options were popular mostly to disable the TPMS system in regions, where people changed their tires seasonally. Now the newer models can store the IDs of 8 sensors, so they are not as important any more unless you want to save on sensors. One can enable a lot of useful functions via these software. See this thread and post #22 for options.
Third possibility is to install various different DRLs like this or this or this or this.

Old 08-18-2020, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by AWCAWD
This can be fixed with ETACS programming. DRL is not enabled in the US market. Depending on which model trim you have you have different options.The dealer can do it for a fee with MUT III. Alternatively, you can try to find someone in your area, who has either a Diagbox/Actia or ETACS Decoder/VCI software/hardware pairs and have experience with those. Few years ago these ETACS programming options were popular mostly to disable the TPMS system in regions, where people changed their tires seasonally. Now the newer models can store the IDs of 8 sensors, so they are not as important any more unless you want to save on sensors. One can enable a lot of useful functions via these software. See this thread and post #22 for options.
Third possibility is to install various different DRLs like this or this or this or this.
You are very helpful. Thank you. I'll update when I figure out what I'm going to do.