Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

New 2015 Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by tdford
Grill looks better, couldn't be worse then the '13-14's. The now black part of the bumper and skid plate helps a bit too, kind of resorting back to previous models....... They were on to something with the '10-12's, they just needed to make minor adjustments to work out the aggressive look that people complained about ( I actually liked it).

Here's the 2014 Range Rover Sport, look at the similarities of the stream line of hood, head lights, grill, front bumper....HOW COME MITSUBISHI CAN DESIGN SUCH AN UGLY LOOK!

Old 03-10-2014, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Vanadium

Black "Bra" to muffle up the radiator.

On ESS
This may be the reason for the ESS feature.
Mitsubishi Outlander Stupid Accident - YouTube
Go to 1.34mins.

The outlander brakes hard but the 2nd car didn't realize the emergency stop situation and ramp hard on the butt. Strangely assuming the Outlander driver had his foot on the brake, why would it still spin 180?
It didn't spin 180deg....??? Only 90, and the car that rearended it lifted it off the ground. Doesn't look like it has anything to do with ESS. Also doesn't look like driver still had foot on brake due rolling freely into barrier.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by tdford
It didn't spin 180deg....??? Only 90, and the car that rearended it lifted it off the ground. Doesn't look like it has anything to do with ESS. Also doesn't look like driver still had foot on brake due rolling freely into barrier.
I guess you are right, the 180 was after it hit the barrier.
As for ESS, this is new to the 2015 model. The reference was direct to why the need for ESS? The accident was a suggestion of the use case of why ESS is introduced.

Apparently the new design is already available in New Zealand.
Mitsubishi Outlander SUV | Mitsubishi Motors New Zealand

Granted its still not the most attractive, it better than the 2013/14 model.
Not sure when this will arrive in USA.

Old 03-15-2014, 01:16 PM

More pictures and info.

Mitsubishi Outlander facelift brings use of newly designed front mech grill, more

The new facelift Outlander comes with a raft of upgrades and improvements. Just as fashions and trends change the Mitsubishi Outlander moves with the times. The distinctly European styling has been even further refined:
New silver satin front upper grille
New lower grille silver garnish
Black and silver fog lamp surrounds
Wheel arch garnishes
New lower bumper silver garnish
As for the SUV's performance:
The suspension has been revised for a better ride and handling
CVT mapping improvements
NVH (Noise, Vibration, Harshness) Improvements. NVH is a measure of vehicle "feel" and is a combined measure of the noise level in the car during driving; the vibration that can be felt by the driver during driving; and the harshness of the vehicle ride during abrupt transitions in vehicle motion (i.e. potholes).

Old 03-17-2014, 11:32 AM

The aesthetic improvements help, but these are all things that the 2007 had and then every year some new "bling" was added. The '13-14 they took most of it off.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:02 PM

I'm confused by this; what do you call a "2015" model? To me, and from all my previous experience on various forums, the year model is the date it is manufactured; mine was manufactured Feb 2012, so it's a 2012 model. So how are we talking about a 2015 model when that's almost a whole year away??

Or are there two groups of users here using completely different nomenclature??

Old 04-03-2014, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Adam_70
What is the reliability of 2014 Outlander in comparison to Toyota rav4, Subaru Forester? Do they last 10-15 years with no major issues?
You should ask that question in 2024.

I have a 2009 and it's been flawless, I will buy another Mitsubishi in the near future.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by RoGuE_StreaK
I'm confused by this; what do you call a "2015" model? To me, and from all my previous experience on various forums, the year model is the date it is manufactured; mine was manufactured Feb 2012, so it's a 2012 model. So how are we talking about a 2015 model when that's almost a whole year away??

Or are there two groups of users here using completely different nomenclature??
Every manufacturer is a bit different, and they choose when to release a new model year a bit differently. Here in the states it is common for next years model to come out in the current year. Therefore, Mitsu releases info on the '15 model in 2014, and will normally have it ready to purchase towards the end of 2014.

My 2007 Outlander was manufactured in 2006, but it is still a 2007 model.

Old 04-04-2014, 05:09 PM

Agreed with tdford.

In USA, the Model Year is always ahead of the mfg year.
Rest of the world typically had launch date in Q1 will have the model year the same as Mfg year.

Believe it or not the Outlander 3 (current 2014 model) is already on sale in many country in 2012. It took a long while for it to reach the US shore.

Similarly the 2015 US "re-grilled" model year is already on sale in NZ & Japan

Old 04-05-2014, 04:16 AM

I have a 2013 model in Europe, manufactured and registered in 2012, and it is what you call the 2014 chassis...

Quick Reply: New 2015 Outlander