Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

New Outlander Owner - Bull Bar?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Default New Outlander Owner - Bull Bar?

Hello All,

I just bought a 2010 Outlander GT last week with 3k miles (dealer auto). I absolutely love it so far. What I can't find is a bull bar. I have looked everywhere on the internet and can only find the Romik for $500. I did find an Australina company East Coast Bull Bars that sell a black one but I am assuming shipping from AU to USA is a pretty penny.

Any thoughts to who might make these?

Dallas

Old 07-07-2011, 01:36 AM

romik only, and if you see any other ones, don't buy em they don't fit right and they're cheap. If I were you i'd keep the GT without a bull bar, but to each their own.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:29 AM

The Aussie ones ain't too cheap.

Mitsubishi have a nudge bar as an accessory at about $600

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/...ories/exterior

Last edited by oldsalt; 07-08-2011 at 01:35 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:23 AM
Banned

You put other peoples lives in your hands with that bar. If you ever make a mistake and hit a mid size 4 door, it could take their life.

My girlfriend got into an accident on April 22nd of this year, and she was t-boned by an SUV with a bush guard. She fractured her hip, and the whole side of my car was 18" in. The floor creased 6" up in the middle, the roof wrinkled, and the whole car was like a banana.

I've got no problem with having a brush guarded vehicle, if you need it. If this is a vehicle you're blowing through trees with, or going out into the bush with it, yeah you need one. If your wife is going to be taking the kids to and from school.... please don't.

Some food for thought...

Name:  photo-53.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  81.3 KB

Old 07-08-2011, 06:24 PM

Sebba,

I am so sorry about what happened. Actually I will be using it to "bump" gates on my deer lease in the winter. That is why I wanted a black one.

I don't understand why they are so hard to find. A simple mandrel bent 3" tube with two tabs welded on. I am in the process now of finding a place in Dallas that will custom one for me and then I will Rhino Line it.

Below is when I was hit in my wife's car. People don't understand the force behind large trucks (We were hit by an 18 wheeler).

Attached Thumbnails New Outlander Owner - Bull Bar?-will04.jpg  

Last edited by BIG Dallas; 07-08-2011 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:40 AM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by BIG Dallas
Sebba,

I am so sorry about what happened. Actually I will be using it to "bump" gates on my deer lease in the winter. That is why I wanted a black one.

I don't understand why they are so hard to find. A simple mandrel bent 3" tube with two tabs welded on. I am in the process now of finding a place in Dallas that will custom one for me and then I will Rhino Line it.

Below is when I was hit in my wife's car. People don't understand the force behind large trucks (We were hit by an 18 wheeler).

The high cost is due to the air bag compliance.

The only model bar that Mitsubishi will warrant against consequential damage is their own.

They test the bars using actual vehicles in crash scenarios and it ain't cheap destroying a few cars.

You get one made and you would be in heaps of trouble with your insurer if you were in an accident. I dare say they would decline your claim.