Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Newbie!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Default Newbie!!

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum. My girlfriend is interested in getting a 09 Outlander, and I wonder whether anyone can share your experience about this vehicle?

Thanks in advance.

T

Old 12-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Newbie!!

Welcome to the forums.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:50 AM

Anyone?

Old 12-22-2008, 09:13 AM

Have an 08 Outtie

I could not be more satisfied with the purchase. When I was looking for a new car, I looked at both he santa fe mazda cx-7 and honda cr-v. What made the outlander superior for me was the amount of technology. The OEM nav system is great, and also very fast at calculating routes. Also, the Rockford Fosgate system is clear and packs a punch. Another determining facto in the purchase of my Outtie was the fact that the 2nd row seats slide and recline, a key feature for my six foot friends and I. Now for the driving dynamics. The V6 has plenty of power and torque. I was able to tow a 3000 pound boat with no problems. The CVT transmission can get a little annoying though, especially in the cold. The side blindspots are not bad but a rear-view camera is almost a necessity for backing up. The four wheel drive system is great for any snow/rain/sand you may encounter. The heater and airconditioner perform well also. Overall, I am happy with my decision of the Outtie and have no regrets.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:13 AM

I researched and checked out a number of vehicles in the small SUV class and for my needs the Outlander definitely fit. Here are pros and cons (according to me, another newb):

Pros:
- Small V6 engine, so good compromise between power andfuel mileage.
- Good looks.
- Selectable 4WD/2WD (and the Outlander's system isvery flexible and uniquecompared tocompetitors).
- Fun to drive (nice blend of handling plus some other cool features like the paddle shifters on XLS).
- Hard-drive based nav system and music server - pretty cool in my opinion.
- Good setup for our dog and bike hauling duties (pretty roomy, tailgate was a selling feature too).
- Value is hard to beat to start with, current offers make it great.
- Reliability and warranty.

Cons:
- If you're used to a really high-quality interior, you'll probably be let down.
- If you're used to a really plush ride, you may be let down.
- If you like running with the herd, you should probably get a CR-V or a RAV4 instead.

I hope that helped. Youmight get more responses to your question if you had a better title foryour thread.

Old 12-22-2008, 12:48 PM

ORIGINAL: jangledang

...The CVT transmission can get a little annoying though, especially in the cold.
The US V6 model does NOT have a CVT transmission. Only the 4-bangers. The V6 is paired with a 6-speed automatic.

Old 12-22-2008, 12:57 PM

Thanks guys!

I had already test driven one and I like the ride on it. Features wise is awesome as it has lots of tech items which cannot be found on CRV or RAV 4. Plus the 3rd role of seat is a great great selling feature to me. The only negative thing I notice is the Outlander is the road noise is a bit high, especially on highway.

Old 12-22-2008, 01:05 PM

I love my 07 Outlander.

Old 12-22-2008, 01:09 PM

I hate mine,
just want to burn it,
and the dealer too
lol

Old 12-22-2008, 02:22 PM

ORIGINAL: armymen