Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Newbie!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 02:29 PM
Default RE: Newbie!!

Service s*ck,
Lot of problem with mine, ( lemon )
Made Cheap,
That 08 cost me more to maintain then my old 2003 CRV,

Edit :
Got the 650 W sound upgrade ( factory ) all plastic everywhere rattle ( fix a few time, still rattle )
My gaz Button to open the trap for the gaz brake 3 time,
One chip froze inside so i was stock at 10km/h maximum
Got on my driver Door a chip of 2 inch of rust, because the door is not propely adjust, and now i have to fight with the dealer to make them pay for there mistake.
the service i got is not good at all at my dealer
and more stuff appen this years dont remember lol

Old 12-22-2008, 02:32 PM

Sum it up:
Best vehicle I ever purchased. I tested everything out there, even a BMW X3. The Outlander has it all. Everyone who has ever stepped in to my Outie has said how luxurious it is. I do not regret my purchase at all! If something happened to my Outlander, I would just order another :-)

PS: Someone mentioned a CVT transmission with a V6. That's incorrect. The V6 is mated with 6 Speed Automatic and personally, I have had no issues with it at all. It's smooth, always seems to be in the correct gear and the manual overide with paddleshifts is awesome!

Old 12-22-2008, 03:24 PM

I havethe 4 cyl 08 ES with the CVT and I love it. For 09 I believe you can get the 4 cyl with the 3rd row seat. I found the 4 cyl to have plenty of power and the mpg especially on the highway is better than the EPA rating.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:18 PM

I have an 08 LS with Navi/Sirius/Fossgate/Sunroof. Added leather, heated seats, rear entertainment, mudguards, sunroof visor, roof rack and a few other things.

I checked out everything in the non luxury small and mid size suv class. The outlander was tops especially with all the features, great reliablity, safety and price.

pluses: Awesome cargo space and sliding rear seats, fossgate/Sirius/Navi, driving with power and handling and just fun to drive, fold down tailgate, plenty of cupholders and little storge areas.

minuses: outdated navi maps with horrible POI, city gas mileage(I get between 21-26 highway but drive an older civic in the city)

Wanted to buy something besides the name Honda/Toyota and wanted something with industry leading features.

Subaru Forrestor was my second pick followed by CRV, Equinox, Rav4
________
Stobart VK M-Sport Ford Rally Team history

Last edited by ruchuck; 02-07-2011 at 09:04 PM.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:09 PM

HeyHey Welcome to the forum!

I love my Outlander! Why? Because of its design (one of the most sporty SUV), its powertain, and its technology. If you are getting the 3.0 V6, that produces 220hp, which is pretty good since is only a 3.0L. It comes with 6 speed transmission, which is great / fun to drive with in tiptronic. The interior is plain, but I can live with it, since there is plenty to play with, with the 30GB harddrive and navigation, but I must say, the navigation is not the best to use, there are aftermarket GPS that are cheap and is better than this one. If your girlfriend used to drive a little seden or a smaller car, she might think this car is huge and hard to control/steer. NOT AT ALL, I use to drive a Tercel, and when I sat on the Outlander, I get good outward visablity because of the large windows, and the Outlander isn't that big really. Look at the rear of a Outlander, and compare it with maybe a rear of a Civic, its almost the same! Lots of goodies in the car that you can play with, and fun to drive. Also looks good =D.

BUT!!! There are some negative things I want to say about the brand! Not the car (Outlander), but the brand (Mitsubishi). Well, its a great brand. Mitsubishi is trying to gain buyers to consider them, thats why they made a good SUV, sell it lower than the market, resulting more customers! However, that leads to the used car re-sale value a lot less. Comparing a MSRP of a 32,000 Outlander to a 27,000 Rav4, after maybe 1 year or so, their used car value is probably going to be the same. People will always think Toyota is better than Mitsubishi. So if you can, try to buy a used Outlander, save you a lot!!! Well, just buying a new car itself is a bad choice, because the value of the new car drops like crazy after 3 months. Another thing is Mitsubishi's Dealership, some of them are real "pain in the ***". I think why Mitsubishi is not doing so good is because of its dealership's bad service. Good to know about your cars, some mechanics before really buying a car, because all dealership/service will rip the hell out of you!

Thats my opinion!

Old 12-26-2008, 11:44 PM

Thanks for all or your opinions....sounds the outlander has a really good review so far.... base on most of your experience....

Now, my gf is just debating whether she wants to get the leather one or the non leather one.

Thanks once again!!!!

Old 12-27-2008, 07:55 AM

Hey Tumby,

I went with the LS (without leather/heated seats). Had them installed for like $1200
________
vapormatic

Last edited by ruchuck; 02-07-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:55 AM

if you live someware hot and sunny go for fabric otherwise you will burn your bum!!!

Will your gf be getting sat-nav?

if you have the stock radio(not sat nav)the display can hard to read in the sunshine

puddy

Old 12-29-2008, 08:40 AM

I personally preferred a fully loaded model, even with Navi of possible, but she personally prefer the fabric seat with the Sunroof package instead. We kindda having an argument about this. hahaha

Old 12-29-2008, 09:12 PM

Hey Tumby, I see that you're from Toronto, am I correct??
I'm spend most of my time in Toronto, but I live in Markham.

Since we are from Canada, the Canadian Outlanders only have leather on the top line XLS, atleast for 2007, not sure about 2008/9 now.
Also, it all depends on how much you are willing to spend. When I got my Outlander, it was a demo XLS, or I can buy their LS models thats on the lot (new cars). I went with the XLS because with all the goodies inside, and I didn't have to pay all the fees that a new car does. The XLS do look nicer than the LS because of its 18' rims and the silver touches, but if dont want to spend too much, the LS is nice too. If the price isn't too big of a difference from the LS Sunroof Package to the XLS, then I would go with the XLS. However, the Navi is a good touch if you dont mind spending even more, but the Navi system is not the greatest, there are aftermarket GPS that are better than this one, this one is some times diffitcult to read. But cant go wrong with the 30GB Hard-drive and the DVD system...but is 4000 dollars (over priced), so, I dont know if you want it...

Which dealership are you going to deal with??
Ohh, maybe you should try to find a used Outlander, these SUVs value drop really fast. If you dont plan to sell it, new is fine then...

I'm saying too much, well, just my 2 cent...
Good Luck!!