Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Newbie Canuck with Outie XLS

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Default Newbie Canuck with Outie XLS

Goodaye Eh, Just a few Q's about our new Outie XLS 07.
Note: I have read a number of forum titles but am still trying to find definitive answers to a couple things...if im wrong...im sorry for wasting your time.
1. Still looking to find out if we need the crossbars for our kayaks...times 2....could we just put foam under and stap to excisting side bars?
2. There is no answer on the Satalite radio access in Canada for XLS with navi?
3. What is the best option people have worked out for a ravenous Boxer who must travel with us in the back portion of the vehicle? Is there a good partition available in Canada or US.
4. If I am in the military and I want to hide a large calibre weapon in my trunk......how can I remove the 3rd row seat? Of course this is just a joke but I really do want to remove the seat and I saw some of the answers from the German site.
Note: I am in the military and I appreciate the examples of Gun Storage displayed on this site. hehe.

Thanks for your time and its a pleasure discovering this site.
Rob

Old 05-16-2007, 05:30 PM
Default RE: Newbie Canuck with Outie XLS

Question 3: Yes, there is a partition type of thing for our vehicles. It's looks like a cage and your Boxer can basically chill in the 3rd seat/trunk area. I don't know the part #s, but they are avaliable.

Old 05-16-2007, 06:22 PM
JMC

I had this for my first Gen Outlander..............
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dlx-D...18887768QQrdZ1

I hope this works for you.

Old 05-16-2007, 08:56 PM

1. If what you mean is that the roof is actually supporting the wight and the side rails are just being used as an ataching point for the ties, then thats a big NONO. Never place any kind of weight directly in our delicate aluminum roofs.

3. I have a german shepherd, and I too would like a custom made barrier made for our outies, I know theres onemade for the Australians , but I have not heard about any for the other countries.

4. I wish I could help you on this, but if you want some inspiration check outthe pics I took of my trunk area..lol, By the way I'm a fellow service member, <--- US Marines here.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:27 PM

Ace,JVC and OTO,
Thanks for the replies.....the partition looks like it could do the trick. Thanks for the clue on the kayak situation....I may have to pay out the big bugs and pay for the Thule cross bars and J-racks.....close to $800 up here in the GWN. I wish we could get satallite on our nav systems in Canada. The add on is a problem we should not have to deal with.
Rob

Old 05-16-2007, 10:33 PM

There is someone working on the sat radio problem and I believe they said it was going to be avaible.

Paying 800$ is going to be alot less expensive than a caved in roof. You should buy cross bars and keep all weight off the aluminum roof.

I wouldnt waste my time removing the 3rd row seats. There really isnt much room to put stuff in there. If you have your heart set on taking it out then pop it out and start taking out bolts. Im sure you can take it out and make a template to cover the hole. It may involve re-carpeting the rear hatch to make up for taking the seats out.

Can you buy a large animal cage froma pet shop and strap it down to the tie down spots in the back? I have a 125 pound dog and we have a cage that he sleeps in. He has enough room to turn around and stand up in it. Of course we dont look him in over night, it is just like his "home" at night.