Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

No Blower after battery change 2007 Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 07:25 AM
Default No Blower after battery change 2007 Outlander

My 5-year-old battery died after the internal lights were left on over the weekend. Got a jump start to get to work and noticed I the blower wasn't working. I could hear AC working when I turned it on, just no blower. Since everything was working fine until the battery died, I figured I just needed a new battery. Unfortunately the battery wouldn't hold a charge, so put in a new battery. Afterward still no blower. Searching online for answers, I replaced the blower relay in the engine compartment fuse box, I also replaced the 10A AC fuse there #7 listed as AC. From the online fuse box diagrams, and whats on the fuse panel, I'm not sure if I'm missing something - a fuse specifically for the blower, or that is really the issue. I've read online that with other models when you have electrical problem power is reduced, including no power to the blower. In some cases the problem persisted after the battery was replaced and computer needed to be reset. A recommended fix online was to remove the battery cables and the ECM fuse - but with the 2007 outlander there is no fuse listed as ECM.

Final note - when I replaced the battery, it was out of the car for at least 30 minutes while I drove up to get a replacement. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Old 06-13-2020, 04:48 PM

Took the blower out and the wires were getting power, when I manually turned the blower and retested it would work sometimes and not others, almost like the brushes were making contact - so, ordered new blower. Before I put it in I checked the cabin air filter and OMG there was at least a 1/2 inch of crud in there. I don't know if its ever been cleaned in the 13 years I had the car. Replaced it and when I powered up the AC with blower there was more power than I've felt in years. Not sure if it was the blower that made it better or just using a clean filter without all that gunk in it.

Old 06-22-2020, 02:15 PM

I've replaced the blower motor on my 2007 as well. They were problematic and were recalled on some model years; not the 2007, though.

Old 06-25-2020, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by copyboy311
I've replaced the blower motor on my 2007 as well. They were problematic and were recalled on some model years; not the 2007, though.
yeah. Thought that was "funny"....recall was 09+ I think. I actually rebuilt and re-lubed the original....that lasted a year. Replaced with a four seasons....what a piece of junk. Whistled. Pulled that and put in one from online dealer....been good for years now.