Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

No start in cold weather due to faulty relay

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2023, 11:33 AM
Default 2019 Outlander

This morning it was extremely cold in Connecticut 1°. I used my automatic starter from the house let it run for 10 minutes then I went outside and started my car and the dashboard was going wacky. The lights were blinking on the dashboard and then they all came on and the check engine light stayed on. I put my car in reverse and drove away. I did fine on a flat road but my car still wasn’t accelerating then I said you know what I’m gonna go home so I made a turn it and went up a hill and my car had a really hard time accelerating up a hill. I think my car went into limp mode. Does anybody have any experience with this but they’re outlander and extreme cold or ever had this happen before and what did you do to fix it please help.

Old 02-08-2023, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by ksrainford
This morning it was extremely cold in Connecticut 1°. I used my automatic starter from the house let it run for 10 minutes then I went outside and started my car and the dashboard was going wacky. The lights were blinking on the dashboard and then they all came on and the check engine light stayed on. I put my car in reverse and drove away. I did fine on a flat road but my car still wasn’t accelerating then I said you know what I’m gonna go home so I made a turn it and went up a hill and my car had a really hard time accelerating up a hill. I think my car went into limp mode. Does anybody have any experience with this but they’re outlander and extreme cold or ever had this happen before and what did you do to fix it please help.
Read the error codes from OBD2, try to clear them.