Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

noise when turning wheels outlander 07 xls

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 11:46 AM
Default noise when turning wheels outlander 07 xls

when I backup from the my driveway and put it back in drive and turn the steering wheel back to put the wheels straight I have a noise that look like something hitting a heat shield of some kind and I can feel it under my right foot sometime went to the dealer they look and there's is nothing loose the tech told me that it maybe a bushing going back in is original place since apparently when they ship the outlander from Japan they compress the suspension really hard on the boat so they don't move and told me to come back when I will have 1500km or 2000km because I only have 800km on it and it still to new !! Anybody has and answer to that I tried searching on the forum and did not find anything.

Old 08-20-2007, 11:50 AM
Banned
Default RE: noise when turning wheels

What im guessing is its either the power steering pump that your hearing... or maybe even your brakes moving (that happens) or possibly your power steering lines vibrating on something. Sometimes when they are under pressure they tend to move a little... if anything is really close i guess it could touch

Old 08-20-2007, 12:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

What im guessing is its either the power steering pump that your hearing... or maybe even your brakes moving (that happens) or possibly your power steering lines vibrating on something. Sometimes when they are under pressure they tend to move a little... if anything is really close i guess it could touch
They look at all of that and they said that nothing was moving or loose and suspension was tight and all and they said not to worried about it since nothing was loose but still it bug's me and it's annoying to me.

Old 08-20-2007, 12:14 PM
Banned

I think i know what your talking about. Let me guess... it doesnt happen when your foot is off the brake?

Old 08-20-2007, 12:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

I think i know what your talking about. Let me guess... it doesnt happen when your foot is off the brake?
It happen when I'm on the gas pedal and turning the steering wheel to go straight.

Old 08-20-2007, 12:46 PM
Banned

Odd.... hmmm. Dont know what to tell you then

Old 08-20-2007, 01:10 PM

could be the notorious clunking noise in the front end.. there is a TSB out on it...

Old 08-20-2007, 01:53 PM

It's been a while since I heard about the front end clunk. But yes, sounds like a front end clunk issue. Here's a copy of the TSB: http://outlander.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=4

Old 08-20-2007, 02:06 PM
Banned

Need a username ^^

Old 08-20-2007, 02:09 PM

ORIGINAL: rcpax

It's been a while since I heard about the front end clunk. But yes, sounds like a front end clunk issue. Here's a copy of the TSB: http://outlander.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=4
I just register to the forums and will read it thx in advance !

Quick Reply: noise when turning wheels outlander 07 xls