Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Oil Change/Preference

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2022, 12:02 PM
Default Oil Change/Preference

First of all I'm new to the forum - so take it easy on me.

I bought my wife a new 22 outlander SEL back in February before all of the "market markup" crap happened and had the dealer do the first oil change. Well, it's time for another oil change but I am going to have a recurring problem getting this thing to the dealer for the oil change due to distance and time (the closest dealer is about an hour away). I have always meticulously maintained my vehicles (oil, brake pads and calipers, tires, etc... up to some intermediate repair stuff) and feel I need to do so on this new Outlander but I am slightly concerned that they could give me crap when it comes to warranty issues if I do these things myself. In the case of this oil change I am having a hard time finding OE Mitsubishi Oil. Are you guys using off the shelf synthetic and top of the line filters or are you actually using the OE Mitsubishi stuff (If so where did you buy it)? I run top of the line Amsoil in all my other vehicles. Have you ever had any issues with warranty by doing it yourself? I'm going to make sure to keep all receipts and take pictures throughout the oil change to cover my a** but I would like to hear from others of their experiences.

Thanks ahead of time,

Jim