Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

OMGOMGOMG Outlander rear suspension

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 09:29 PM
Default OMGOMGOMG Outlander rear suspension

If there is interest i will email pics, but for now i cant get them to open up.
http://www.texasracingscene.com/showthread.php?t=12756 click here if you want to get blow away with this vehicel
READ FIRST:
Quote:
On the alleged AWD turbo Eclipse being talked about here, _If_ I had seen it and _If_ I had worked on it, I would not be allowed to say anything about it. So I definately couldnt say that it is a one off concept car built only to gauge public reaction to it. I wont say that it is all hand made at this point and has no production parts on it. I also can not say if it had an Outlander rear suspension and a hot rodded EVO motor and tranny. I wouldnt be able to say that there were huge design issues still to be dealt with (the whole CAN Buss mess, gas tank, front cross member and more) before even getting to the prototype stage. I wouldnt be able to say any of that.
Mike W
~ Link
With that being said, I will be emailing this thread to both RRE and MMCA, so your comments are critical. Please by all means give me your input.

http://www.thegalantcenter.net/foru...p=404006#404006

Specs:
ECLIPSE RALLIART
Exterior:
-- Hot Red Mica paint (by PPG)
-- Carbon fiber roof panel
-- Carbon fiber hood
-- Carbon fiber front fenders
-- Carbon fiber front and rear fascias
-- Carbon fiber rear wing
-- Carbon fiber mirrors
-- 20 x 9 carbon fiber wheels
-- AVS Sport 255/35R20 Yokohama tires
Interior:
-- Recaro leather and Alcanterra trimmed seats
-- Custom harness bar
-- Four-point harnesses
-- Rear seat delete
-- Rear seat filler panel with integrated storage
-- Lancer Evolution steering wheel
-- Racing gauges
-- Rockford Fosgate sound system
Performance:
-- Turbocharged 4G63 engine (inline 4-cyl.)
-- Estimated 400 hp
-- All-wheel drive
-- HKS turbocharger kit
-- HKS 264 cams
-- Custom 2.75-inch turbo-back exhaust
-- Custom air intake
-- ARP head studs
-- HKS air-fuel controller
-- High-flow fuel pump
-- High-flow injectors
-- HKS dyno tuned
-- Endeavor rear suspension
-- Lancer Evolution VIII rear differential
-- Evo VIII MR 6-speed manual transmission
-- RPS triple plate carbon-fiber clutch
-- Road Race Engineering/Muellerized coil-over kit
-- Brembo brakes: front: 8-piston calipers, 15-inch slotted rotors
rear: 4-piston calipers, 13.5-inch slotted rotors

Unrelated news story
Quote:
Mitsubishi Motors Launches Ralliart Performance Parts and Accessories Program for North American Market
Tuesday November 1, 4:30 pm ET
Tuner Parts Program Premieres on New Yahoo! Autos Custom Web Site
LAS VEGAS, Nov. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) today announced the much-anticipated rollout of the Ralliart performance parts and accessories program for the North American market in conjunction with the 2005 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show. The parts program premieres on Yahoo!, through Yahoo! Autos Custom (http://autos.yahoo.com/custom) -- a new site created specifically for automotive performance enthusiasts. The debut features a sweepstakes where the winner receives a one-of-a-kind 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution with Ralliart parts, and culminates with the Yahoo! Autos Custom Challenge, a unique head-to-head competition, sanctioned by NOPI Motorsports, between two customized Lancer Evolutions on the famous Las Vegas Strip.
Ralliart is the motorsports arm of Mitsubishi and will provide additional performance and appearance features, such as more powerful engines, suspensions and special exterior enhancements on Ralliart vehicles. "Ralliart allows us to apply the knowledge we've gained from our renowned racing heritage to street vehicles," said Wayne Killen, vice president, marketing for MMNA. "For years, enthusiasts have been trekking the globe for genuine Ralliart performance parts to customize Mitsubishi vehicles. True factory Mitsubishi Ralliart parts will now be available right here in North America."
As part of the Yahoo! Autos sponsorship, Mitsubishi decked out a 2006 Lancer Evolution customized with Ralliart performance parts for the promotion. This vehicle will be given away in a special sweepstakes in conjunction with SEMA (details can be found on the Yahoo! Autos Custom site). This unique Lancer Evolution was customized with Ralliart parts as a collaboration between the Mitsubishi Performance Parts team with support from the Mitsubishi Motors' design center in Cypress, Calif.
The Yahoo! Autos Custom Challenge, sanctioned by NOPI Motorsports, features a competition between two highly modified Mitsubishi Lancer Evolutions on the famous Las Vegas Strip. Two of NOPI Drag Racing Association's top drivers, Paul Efantis and Chris Rado, battle in a three-day contest to create the fastest, hottest-looking Evo in existence. The event concludes on Nov. 4, at 2 a.m. in a head-to-head challenge on a 1/8-mile section of the Las Vegas Strip for this first-of-its-kind, late-night spectacle.
"The tuner culture has been gaining immense popularity in recent years," said Dan Sims, general manager for Mitsubishi Motors' Cypress design center. "By generating excitement through Yahoo! Autos Custom, Mitsubishi can inspire the creative vehicle individuality that today's customizing consumers crave."
"The phased rollout will begin with Ralliart parts and components offered for the Lancer Evolution and the new U.S.-built 2006 Eclipse, the perfect sports platforms for serious tuning," stated Don Swearingen, vice president, parts for MMNA. "In time, more Mitsubishi vehicles can be customized through the Ralliart performance parts and accessories program. While the Mitsubishi performance parts group will use some existing global Ralliart parts, we are seeking partners in North America for official production agreements to start producing all-new Ralliart parts as early as spring of 2006."
The Ralliart performance parts and accessories program will fall into three categories: limited full warranty (similar to current Genuine Mitsubishi Parts and Accessories); limited warranty; and parts subject to no warranty. Exclusive vendors selected to work with Mitsubishi to develop parts and accessories will have racing heritage and are required to have in-house engineering and testing capabilities. Interested vendors can email Mitsubishi at Ralliart@mmsa.com.
A new Mitsubishi Web site, www.ralliartusa.com, will feature various racing videos, a Lancer Evolution photo history gallery and photos of Ralliart parts in development. Features will be added to the Web site as the program develops. The Web site goes live Tuesday, Nov. 1.
Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc., (MMNA) is responsible for all manufacturing, finance, sales, marketing, research and development operations of Mitsubishi Motors Corporation in the United States. Mitsubishi Motors currently sells coupes, convertibles, sedans, trucks and sport utility vehicles through a network of approximately 570 dealers. For more information, contact the Mitsubishi Motors News Bureau at (888) 560-6672 or visit http://media.mitsubishicars.com.
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/051101/latu023.html?.v=29
yea if that happens bye bye spec[/quote]

Old 11-03-2005, 03:36 AM
Default RE: OMGOMGOMG Outlander rear suspension

maybe cause its 135am here, and I havent slept in 24hours, but what is in it for us besides said suspension?

the car looks hot, but they only made us 1 model specific part?

I didnt mean to bust chops, I'll probablly understand it better after siome sleep

Old 11-03-2005, 06:07 AM

All ur links are broken...^^

Old 11-03-2005, 01:53 PM

the links work for me fine, and i know there is only 1 specific part for us but i just thought i would post it cuz of the coolness of the car. it is cool that we share the same setup but i just like the car for what it is, and i only said outlander rear suspension to keep it topic related

Old 11-03-2005, 02:30 PM
JMC

Nice find...could be interesting!

Old 11-03-2005, 06:27 PM

wait im confused now. on the top paragraph it says outlander suspension, but on the spec part it says Endeavor rear suspension

are they the same?