Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Opinion shopping - colour matched mudguards

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 10:06 PM
Default Opinion shopping - colour matched mudguards

So I just received my new mudguards I ordered (same as Antos) and was about to install them when I started thinking, what would these look like if they were colour matched? I am getting a parking lot ding fixed next week (not my fault) and it would be a prime opportunity to get these painted the same.

So question - if you could would you go with colour matched mud guards on your Outie?

Old 06-29-2007, 10:12 PM
Default RE: Opinion shopping - colour matched mudguards

What is the color of the flaps now? Are they the red RalliArt ones or just black plastic?

Old 06-29-2007, 10:33 PM

Just black plastic

Old 06-29-2007, 10:55 PM

Just my personal taste, I would go with the body color. By the way, I like your rear view camera. I'm going to bring your post to the car video/audio place and see how much it would cost me. I wish I can do it myself but I'm not car handy. How much u pay for the whole thing anyway? Also, I,m a Ferrari fan. Lewis Hamilton still has a lot to prove. He has a teamate like Alonso not going to make it easy for him. LOL.

Old 06-29-2007, 11:51 PM

You can pick up the camera off eBay for about $150. Took me the better part of a day to install but seems it should only take couple maybe three hours for someone who knows what they are doing.

I think Alonso is a bit miffed at Hamilton's pace so far - 2p practice at Magny-Cours finds him a few tenths adrift of his rookie teammate. Season is far from over but Alonso seems to be struggling in his new team with new rubber.

I like Ferrari too - happened to visit their factory and museum in Modena in 2001 - they seem to have found their form again this weekend - quali tomorrow will be a big tell tale! Still Hamilton has been the biggest surprise this season so far.

Old 06-30-2007, 12:10 AM

On topic- paint them to color match.
Off-topic- Hamilton is a phenom. Reminds me of Sebastian Loeb (WRC rally racer for Puegeot). He came up from the lower devision to fill a spot, and won the race. Next season he won the championship. Another "unexpected" young driver.

Old 06-30-2007, 03:02 AM

Body Colored, and go Team BMW

Old 06-30-2007, 03:15 AM

With Robert Kubica the first Polish driver in F1 and Sebastian Vettel the youngest F1 driver in history of the sport

oh and i would go with the black finish [8D]

Old 07-02-2007, 05:46 PM

I was thinking about picking some of these up too. My plan was to leave them black since they are just going to take a beating anyway. In general they would match the over all scheme of the LS anyway. Mine is Gray.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:31 PM

Color Matched for sure! It would really set off the Outlander if they blended with the rest of the SUV.

Quick Reply: Opinion shopping - colour matched mudguards